Grow Ground2Cloud is a tool that can be installed on your computer to establish a secure connection between Grow and QuickBooks Desktop. You don’t need to have a lot of technical expertise to install Ground2Cloud.
This installation will take 10-15 minutes. If you have an IT department that administers your Microsoft Windows systems, we recommend that they receive and follow these instructions.
- Administrator access to the Windows machine which has access to the Quickbooks desktop file.
- Access to the internet from that machine.
- One of these Windows versions: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016.
- QuickBooks Enterprise OR Quickbooks Pro
Of Note: Quickbooks Desktop Connector Limitations
Please be aware of the following when using Grow's Quickbooks Desktop Connector:
- Our connector only works with one instance/company of QBD per computer or server.
- In order to run reports, the computer or server that is hosting Quickbooks must be running and connected to the internet.
- The connector works on Windows 7 and above. It does not work for Mac machines.
- For your dashboards to keep updating, you need to make sure that the "CE Connector" is running on their computer.
Download two applications, Ground2Cloud and the Quickbooks Connector. Install Ground2Cloud. Install the Quickbooks Connector. Grant access from Quickbooks to the connector. Copy your registration URL, and send it to your data consultant. We will cover all the steps below.
1. Download the file.
The installation package includes a few tools that work together to connect your Quickbooks data to Grow: Ground2Cloud, CE Quickbooks Connector, and QuickBooks Desktop SDKs.
2. Install Ground2Cloud:
- Make sure you have admin privileges to install software to your computer.
- You will need the QuickBooks Desktop program to be running when Ground2Cloud starts up, so it may be helpful just to have it open throughout the entire installation process.
- Pause or disable your antivirus software while running installation.
- Double-click on the installer from the downloads file.
- Once started, the installer will walk you through some installation prompts, asking if you want to authorize the installation.
- Agree to the license agreement
- Determine if you want a desktop shortcut for Ground2Cloud (you probably don’t need a shortcut).
- Click “Install” when prompted during installation.
- Once you have gone through the prompts, the Ground2Cloud installation will begin. It should only take a few minutes to complete.
You will get a couple of prompts asking to run a software from Acresso Software Inc. These are QuickBooks SDKs that the connector needs to get the right data from QuickBooks.
- Click “Finish” to complete the setup process.
- Once Ground2Cloud has completed, one more application, “CE Connector,” will begin installing.
- You may get a message that Windows hasn’t run the application. If this happens, click “Run anyway” to continue with the installation.
3. Grant permission to “CloudElements”
Once the installation is complete, QuickBooks will ask if you want to grant permission to “CloudElements” to access to your QuickBooks data.
- Select “Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running,” and set the Login permissions as an administrator.
- If you ever need to see this permissions screen again, you can navigate in QuickBooks to Edit>Preferences>Integrated Applications>Company Preferences, and you can take away access, or remove “CloudElements” from the permissions list.
4. Copy the registration URL
After you have granted access, you will see a registrations URL on the QB Connector window. (see example in image below)
- Copy that URL and send it to your Grow Data Consultant.
- The CE Connector needs to be running in order for Grow to have access to get your QuickBooks data. If it stops running, search for the program and relaunch it. (Should be found in “C:\Ground2Cloud\qbproxy")
5. Your Grow Data Consultant will complete the installation
Once you have sent the registration URL to your Data Consultant, they will complete the connect on Grow's side. You can then start accessing your data in Grow.
Don’t hesitate to contact your Grow Data Consultant if you have any questions.