File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is used to transfer files between computers on a network. You can use FTP to exchange files between computer accounts, transfer files between an account and a desktop computer, or access online software archives. Here's some things you can expect from the FTP/SFTP File Access feature in Grow.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Here are some things that you can expect when using FTP/SFTP File Access.
- Connecting to FTP can be a bit tricky. Here is a help article to walk you through this.
- One sheet per dataset. For Excel-based files, you can select 1 sheet at a time. So if you have an Excel doc with multiple sheets, you need to create a dataset for each sheet.
- Uniquely Named Headers: If there isn’t a unique column header in your chart, we can’t add the data to your dataset.
- Make sure your sheets are formatted correctly. Find some helpful tips on spreadsheet formatting in Grow here.
- File Size Limits. Most files must be smaller than 15 MB in order to successfully pull them into Grow. Under some extenuating circumstances, our support teams can make exceptions for files up to 50 MB. You can learn more here.
- Supported File Formats: XLS, XLSX, XLSM, and CSV. If you're looking to use JSON or XML files, Grow can pull those in, but we suggest converting to a CSV first.
Other questions about Grow's FTP/SFTP File Access feature? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat in on the site.