Facebook gives people, businesses, and organizations the power to share and connect with the world, and it plays a role in many companies’ strategies. With a Facebook/Grow integration, you can measure and streamline your company's impact in your social circle.
- Facebook: How to connect
- Facebook: Not All Pages Appear in Grow
- Facebook Reports that are not current day
- Facebook v2: Overview
WHAT TO EXPECT
We think Facebook generally has a great API. Here are some things you should be aware of.
- Facebook v1 vs. v2. Grow’s Facebook v2 integration is a more robust integration than Grow’s original Facebook integration. While they both access the same API, Facebook v2 allows you to pull data in a manner similar to Grow’s Facebook Ads integration. While the Facebook integration has specific reports and endpoints on what you can pull into Grow, Facebook v2 allows you the flexibility of having “metric categories,” then filtering further within that category. You can check out the Facebook v2 overview here.
- Some reports don't report to the current day. There are a few reports that Facebook's API doesn’t report up to the current day. This list includes 8 reports like Total People who liked by City and Demographics about People who like your Page.
Facebook offers a lot of endpoints in Grow. Below you’ll find the reports you can pull through a custom metric and a short description of each. Most of them are pretty self-explanatory.
- Demographics about People who like your Page: List of the number of people who like your page, divided by age and gender.
- New people who have liked your Page: Number of new people who liked your page by day
- Number of people who viewed video organically: Number of people who viewed which video
- Unlikes of your Page: Number of people by day who unliked your page
- Number of stories created about your Page: Number of stories created by day, week, or 28 days
- Number of People Talking About by City: Number of people by city
- Number of People Talking About by Country: Number of people by country
- Organic Page Impressions: Number of times a post is displayed organically
- Unique Organic Page Impressions: Number of unique organic impressions
- Reach: Number of people who received impressions of a page post
- Unique Paid Page Impressions: Number of unique paid impressions
- Unique Viral Page Impressions: number of times impressions happened in friend’s stories (including likes and comments)
- Number of people who engaged with your page: Number of people who engaged with your page
- Number of times people took a negative action: Number of negative actions on your page.
- Total People who liked by City: Number of people, grouped by city per date
- Total People who liked by Country: Number of people, grouped by country per date
- Total Page Likes: Number of page likes (total each day)
- Top referring external domains: Websites that returned the most referrals per date
- Page Views: Number of views per date
- Page Views from users logged into Facebook: Number of pageviews from users logged in to Facebook.
- Number of people who saw any Page posts: Number of views of page posts by date
- List of Page Posts: Shows post name, number of likes, and number of comments for each page post
- List of Page Videos: Shows Video name, number of comments, numbers of likes, and the date
- Page Like Sources: Number of likes from various sources by date
- Page Like Sources (Summed): Total number of like from each source
- Page Storytellers: number of people sharing stories about your page
Questions about using Facebook? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat in on the site.