Here’s how to connect to your BigQuery account to Grow.
Go ahead and log in to your Grow account and click Add Metric. You will need to authorize your BigQuery account before you can build a metric. Click the connect button, and a new window will appear.
The most straightforward way to connect your BigQuery account is to click “Fill in manually” in the new window. You’ll need the BigQuery project ID you want to connect, the email address associated with the BigQuery account, and your private key.
If you don’t know what your private key is or how to get it, Google has a helpful article on how to do so. You have to do a bit of scrolling through the page to get to what you need, so we’ve copied the important stuff here:
To generate a private key in JSON or PKCS12 format in Google BigQuery:
- Open the list of credentials in the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click Create credentials.
- Select Service account key. A Create service account key window opens.
- Click the drop-down box below Service account, then click New service account.
- Enter a name for the service account in Name.
- Use the default Service account ID or generate a different one.
- Select the Key type: JSON or P12.
- Click Create. A Service account created window is displayed and the private key for the Key type you selected is downloaded automatically. If you selected a P12 key, the private key's password ("notasecret") is displayed.
- Highlight and copy your private key.
In the Grow authentication window:
Paste the key into the “Private Key” line.
Alternatively, if you have the know-how and would prefer to upload a JSON file with your project ID, email, and private key, that will work as well.
Once you’ve entered the necessary information, click the blue Submit button and you’re good to go!
Questions about Google BigQuery? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat in on the site.