Harvest’s simple online time tracking software makes it easy to track billable hours, manage invoices, and streamline expense reports. Here are some things you can expect from the Harvest/Grow integration.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Here are some key things to know about the Harvest integration.
- The Time Entries endpoint is sometimes slow. If you have lots of users and lots of projects, it will be easier if you are very specific in what you want pull in. If you can limit the data to what you are actually planning on visualizing, the data will pull in faster. We suggest using the endpoint “Time Entries by User,” but you can do according to your needs.
- Invoices data comes in based on the “inserted_at” data. If you use the custom date range and group by any other date (created_at, updated_at, due_at), then you’ll see some extra dates and will have to use SQL to limit the data further. The best practice is to filter based on the "inserted_at" column.
- Grow uses Harvest v1. This means that some “billable” data is going to be tricky to get. A workaround we’ve used is to bring in time entries by user in report1, then the project list in a second report. After you’ve done this, do a join to see which time entries are marked as billable and which aren’t.
Below is a list of the reports you can pull from Harvest, along with a description of the fields available with each report.
- ClientContacts: All contacts attached to client accounts, including client ID, name, phone, contact details, company, etc.
- Clients: All clients, including ID, name, active, currency, updated date, created date, statement key, default invoice kind, default invoice timeframe, address, delete date, currency symbol, details, last invoice kind, etc.
- Expenses: All expense items matching the selected date range, including ID, total cost, units, created date, updated date, project ID, expense category, user, spent date, is closed, notes, billable, company, has receipt, is locked, locked reason, project, client name, etc.
- ExpenseCategories: All expense categories, including ID, name, unit name, unit price, created date, updated date, and deactivated.
- InvoiceCategories: All invoice categories, including ID, name, created date, updated date, use as service, and use as expense.
- Invoices: All invoices created within the selected date range, including issue date, created date, due date, amount due, etc.
- People: All persons of interest, including ID, email, created date, company, is admin, name, timezone, is contractor, phone, is active, has access to future projects, default hourly rate, department, preferred entry method, preferred approval screen, updated date, first timer, is project manager, can see rates, can create invoices, can create projects, cost rate, weekly capacity, etc.
- Projects: All projects, including ID, client name, code, active, bill by, budget, budget by, over budget notification percentage, over budget notified date, show budget to all, created date, updated date, start date, end date, estimate, estimate by, is fixed fee, billable, notes, hourly rate, cost budget, cost budget include expenses, etc.
- Tasks: All tasks, including ID, name, billable by default, created date, updated date, is default, default hourly rate, and deactivated.
- Time Entries: All time entries for the selected date range and client(s), including ID, notes, spent date, hours, user, project, task, created date, adjustment record, is closed, is billed, hours with timer, etc.
- Time Entries by User For Timeframe: All time entries matching the selected date range and user(s), including ID, notes, spent date, hours, user, project, task, created date, adjustment record, is closed, is billed, hours with timer, etc.
- Time Entries No Billable Info: All time entries lacking billable information for the selected client(s), including ID, notes, spent date, hours, user, project, task, created date, adjustment record, is closed, is billed, hours with timer, etc.
- User Assignments: All user assignments for the selected project(s), including assignment ID, user, project, is project manager, deactivated, hourly rate, budget, created date, updated date, and estimate.
- Task Assignments: All task assignments for the selected project(s), including task assignment ID, project and task ID, billable, deactivated, hourly rate, budget, created date, updated date, and estimate.
Questions about the Harvest/Grow integration? Email us at email@example.com or chat in on the site.