Instagram offers businesses a creative way to connect and interact with audiences. The Instagram/Grow integration allows you to monitor your posts and engagement and plan how to reach your circle of influence more effectively.
NOTE April 2018: Following the Cambridge Analytica scandal, Instagram has disabled the endpoints Liked Posts, Following, and Followers from their API. If you try to connect to one of these three endpoints in Grow, it will return an error message, saying that the endpoint has been retired. You are welcome to read more about the changes here.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Instagram’s API does not allow access to historical data. This means that it is impossible for Grow to pull how many Instagram followers your account had at any time before you connected Grow to Instagram. We can and will automatically track your followers per day from when the account was connected. There are 3rd party services that could return historical data, however, Grow hasn't tested any of them, and doesn't endorse or suggest them.
500 Items API Limit. Instagram only returns the 500 most recent individual items in itemized reports. So when pulling followers, liked posts or user posts, Instagram only returns up to the most recent 500.
Below is a list of the endpoints that the Instagram/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- User Info: Returns the info for your account.
- User Posts: Comments, likes, location, text, and tagged users in your posts.
- Liked Posts: Text, hashtags, and users of the posts you’ve liked
- Following: Number of users that you follow, along with their name and username
- Followers: Users that follow you.
- Recently Tagged Media: Returns media that was recently tagged with a specified hashtag.
- Total Aggregated Followers: Total number of followers you have.
Questions about using Instagram? Chat in and we will be happy to help.