SEMRush is a program that many companies are using to optimize their sites, create the content their audience wants and create a better experience for their visitors. This article will give you an overview of the Grow/SEMrush integration.
SEMrush charges users for API calls by a measure called API units. When you pull and refresh SEMrush reports into Grow, you will be charged API units from SEMrush. You can learn more about this here.
When you are building metrics, you will need a domain or website for which to pull back information. Before you can select a report, you will need to first enter a domain.
The Grow/SEMrush integration offers five different categories: Overview Reports, Domain Reports, Keyword Reports, Backlinks, and Display Advertising Results. Below are the reports in each of these categories, along with a description of the data each report returns.
Note: this report returns results for all databases.
- Domain Overview: Date, Database, Domain, Rank, Organic Keywords, Organic Traffic, Organic Cost, Adwords Keywords, Adwords Traffic, Adwords Cost, PLA keywords, PLA uniques
Note: For each of these reports, you will also be asked to select a specific database.
- Domain Organic Search Keywords: Keyword, Pos, Position Difference, Traffic (%), Costs (%), Number of Results, CPC, Average vol., Url
- Domain Paid Search Keywords: Keyword, Pos, Position Difference, Traffic (%), Costs (%), Number of Results, CPC, Average vol., Url
- Competitors in Organic Search: Domain, Common Keywords, by Traffic (%), by Traffic * CPC (%), Position Quality (%), Adsense
- Competitors in Paid Search: Domain, Common Keywords, by Traffic (%), by Traffic * CPC (%), Position Quality (%), Adsense
Note: For each of the following reports except Keyword Overview (All Databases), you will need to select a specific database.
- Keyword Overview (All Databases): Date, Database, Phrase, Search Volume, CPC, Competition
- Organic Results: Domain, Url
- Paid Results: Domain, Visible Url
- Related Keywords: Keyword, Number of Results, CPC, Competition, Current vol., Average vol., Trends, Related Relevance
Note: For the Backlinks reports, you will be asked to specify a database, as well as a target domain or URL before pulling back data.
- Backlinks Overview: total, domains_num, ips_num, follows_num, nofollows_num, score, trust_score, urls_num, ipclassc_num, texts_num, forms_num, frames_num, images_num
- Backlinks: page_score, source_title, source_url, target_url, anchor, external_num, internal_num, first_seen, last_seen
Display Advertising Results
- Advertisers: domain, ads_count, first_seen, last_seen, times_seen
- Advertiser Display Ads: title, text, first_seen, last_seen, times_seen, visible_url
- Publishers: domain, ads_count, first_seen, last_seen, times_seen
- Publisher Display Ads: title, text, first_seen, last_seen, times_seen, visible_url
Questions about SEMrush? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat in on the site.