If you are on a branded plan, you have the option to set up a custom email so that any notifications from your dashboards send from
firstname.lastname@example.org instead of
If you would like to add this feature to your account, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
These instructions are different from the SMTP setup instructions. We recommend using this method. However, you can find the SMTP instructions here if you want to use that method instead.
Here we will walk you through setting up your custom email.
Please read through the following notes before starting.
Where do I add the records?
In the steps below, you will be adding various records to your domain. Please notethat these need to be added to your domain, not a subdomain.
Do I need a new subdomain?
You do not need to create a new subdomain for this to work. However, you do need a subdomain that is not currently in use.
Can I use the subdomain from my login page?
No. If you are using a subdomain for your custom-branded login page, you cannot use that subdomain for the email setup.
Do I need a new email account?
Possibly. Whatever email you enter will need to be tied to your main domain (NOT a subdomain), so you may need to set up an email account. If you already have an email you want to use, that's fine, as long as it's hosted on your domain.
Can I add this email address as a recipient on email reports?
No. If you add the email address you're sending from as a recipient on scheduled PDF reports, it will not send out your PDF reports at all. However, our email client automatically sends a BCC of every PDF report to the From email, so you'll still be able to see your PDF reports.
Follow through these steps to set up your Email account for branded plan:
- First, if you need to create a new email account, go ahead and do that first.
- Navigate to your Settings > Mail tab.
- On this page, you'll find two sections: SMTP and Email Setup. We will be working in the Email Setup section.
- Go ahead and fill in your Subdomain, domain, and the email that you want the emails to be sent from. Once you have filled those in, press the Setup Email on the right side.
- Once you press that button, a chart will pull up below the email settings. It contains some different records that need to be pointed to different locations. The warning symbol next to each of them tells you that that specific record is not valid yet.
Next, through your Hosting Provider, add each of the DNS records shown in Grow to your main domain. You will use the Type, Host, and Data columns shown in Grow for each record. This process is similar to pointing your A Record for the subdomain that is your branded login portal .
For GoDaddy, you will need to remove the main domain information from the Host information. If adding these DNS records fails in your hosting provider, you may try using this step.
- Once that is complete, come back to Grow and press the blue Verify Setup. Each of the warning signs in the Valid column should change to green check marks.
- Once you have verified the setup, be sure to press the Save.
The branded account plan was previously called white label (whitelabel) accounts.