Sharing a data connection is very useful if you need to share a data source authorization with someone but don't want to send them the username and password to set it up.
The person that you share your data auth with will be able to access that data source and create metrics based on the data, but they won't be able to see your credentials or change anything about your connection.
The data available with each data source connection will depend on the account of that user with the data source. (For example, a user may have specific saved reports in Salesforce that others do not have access to.
Sharing a Data Connection
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation, and you will see the list of connections in your account.
- Click on the name of the data connection you want to share. You can search by name or data source to find it easier.
- From the connection settings screen, click on the Share button.
- A window will appear with a list of users on your account. Check the box next to the users that should have access to this data connection.
- Click the "Save" button to share the connection with those users.
The concerned parties will now be able to create metrics using that specific connection to the data source.