Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
Dropbox is the secure file sharing and storage solution that employees love and IT admins trust. Here are some things you can expect from the Dropbox/Grow integration.
In this article, we will cover:
Before starting, please collect your Dropbox username (email address) and password.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on Connections in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue Connect button, search for Dropbox, and click on the logo.
- All you will need to connect is your Dropbox username (email address) and password.
- Once you've filled out those two fields, just click Authorize.
And that's it! You are good to go.
The Dropbox integration is unlike most other integrations in that there aren't any specific endpoints to choose from after you connect your account. You'll simply choose the Dropbox files that you want to use to create your metrics, and Grow will pull data directly from the source.
Many Grow users store exported files with supported formats in their synced Dropbox folders from platforms that may not yet have an integration with Grow. This means you don't have to worry about excluding any of your important data from Grow metrics. Whenever the Dropbox files behind your metrics are updated, Grow will update your metrics to reflect the change.
How can I make sure my data is secure?
We have several controls in place to keep your data safe. Check out our security article to see what steps you can take to ensure your data is secure.
Can I connect my Dropbox Business accounts?
Yes! Grow can now access files in a team folder in a Dropbox Business account.
When you connect Grow to a Dropbox Business Account you may get a note saying the app can consume your upload API quota. Since Grow does not use any upload API calls, Grow will not affect, nor be affected by any upload API limit Dropbox imposes.
Why aren't my files syncing?
Make sure that the files you want to use in your Grow metrics are synced folders in Dropbox. If they aren't, your metrics won't automatically reflect changes made to the Dropbox file. If they are not syncing check the following:
- Is your Dropbox folder syncing with your Dropbox online account? Dropbox has selective syncing meaning you can select specific folders that will sync or not. Make sure the file and folder that you are editing is actually syncing with your Dropbox online. Dropbox has a helpful article about selective sync.
- Is your Dropbox account connected to Grow? Sometimes Dropbox and Grow will stop talking to each other. Click on the Report which contains your Dropbox data and then click the Data Settings tab and make sure your account is connected.
I created a new folder/file, why can't I see it in Grow?
You may experience delays after creating a file or folder in Dropbox versus when it becomes available in the API. Dropbox has confirmed that some delay is expected. Per their documentation: "The amount of delay depends on a number of different factors and can vary from account to account, and over time. That being the case, you will see varying amounts of delay like this."
How do I prepare my spreadsheets to use in Grow?
It's important to make sure your spreadsheets are formatted appropriately so you can easily use them in Grow. We strongly recommend you consult this help article for tips to prepare your spreadsheets.