Grow offers many data source integrations. Below are the fundamentals of connecting your data.
Connecting for the First Time
Connect a Data Source from the Connections Page
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation.
- It will take you to the Data Overview page.
- Navigate to the Connections page (on the left) which shows you a list of connections in your account. Click on "Add Connection" at the top right.
- Search for the data source you want to connect.
- Click on the data source, and a window will pop up for you to enter in your account information to connect.
Connect a Data Source from Within a Metric
- Click "Add New" at the top right.
- Select "New Metric".
- Click the "Connection" tab.
- Here, you will see a list of data sources already connected (if any) at the top, and the rest of the available data sources below.
- Search for the desired new data source and click on the logo.
- This will take you to the Metric Builder, and you can click on "Connect your account".
- A window will pop up for you to enter in your account information to connect.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
If I have multiple accounts for a single data source, how do I connect to them in Grow?
If you already have an account connected to Grow, you may follow the same process as mentioned above to connect a second account. First, however, please be sure to log out of the first account if you are using it in another window and clear your browser's cache; otherwise, Grow may try to connect to the first account again. Alternatively, we recommend logging into Grow in an incognito window to connect the second account.
Each data source requires different information to connect
The most common connection information you will need are your username/password or API key for a data source. Grow always connects in read-only mode, so your data is safe and secure.
If you need help connecting a specific data source, check out the Connecting to Data Sources section of our help center. Here, you will find articles for our data sources on how to connect and other information you'll need to know.
These articles are constantly being updated and new articles added. Please let us know if you see any changes that need to be made to the connection instructions for a specific data source. We try to keep up with changes on our own, but we don't always catch API updates as they happen.
When you enter your password or sign in, you are signing into that service in order to authorize Grow. We never store your password. It is safe and secure.
Preventing Duplicate Authentications
Grow has added a stability measure to prevent you from creating duplicate authentications on the same data source, which can sometimes produce unexpected results. When you create a new connection to a data source, Grow looks to see if you already have an account with those credentials associated with your unique Grow user account. If the credentials match, Grow will use the existing connection instead of creating a duplicate authentication. You will be directed to the existing connection so you can proceed as normal.