Connecting to your Snowflake database? Here is an overview of things you can expect.
Connecting to Snowflake
Before starting, please collect your instance, username and password.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on Connections in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue Connect button and search for Snowflake.
- Click on the Snowflake logo.
- Type in the connection nickname. This can be anything that you would like to name it.
- Type in the instance, username and password.
And that's it! You are good to go.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
In the API documentation, Snowflake provides a reference table to help you identify the format of what your
Instance looks like. As an example, if your URL to connect to Snowflake is https://growexample.us-east-1.snowflakecomputing.com/, your instance would be
How much data can I pull into Grow?
If any of your tables has more than 25 million rows, you will see an error when you try to warehouse your data.
How can I make sure my data is secure?
We have several items in place to keep your data safe. Check out our security article to see steps you can take to keep control of your data.