Klaviyo provides a marketing automation platform, used primarily for email marketing and SMS marketing. The Klaviyo platform primarily integrates with e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Stripe, WooCommerce and many more.
Creating Klaviyo API Key
To obtain Klaviyo Private API Key, go to this site: https://www.klaviyo.com/settings/account/api-keys.
Once you are in the Klaviyo site, you must create a Private API Key. This private API Key is the one that you will use to connect to Klaviyo in Grow. You can put a relevant name that you want to the Private API Key that you create, and you can select the access level that you think is best for that API Key.
Note that you have to give access to the endpoints that you will use in Grow. For example, you have to give access level to Events if you want to use that table/endpoint in Grow. If you don't, then it will give an error while synchronizing the table.
Select Create Private API Key button.
Enter the details for the private API Key as displayed.
We recommend creating and using an API Key with Read-Access to all endpoints to avoid problems in the future while incorporating new endpoints.
For more info about creating API Keys, visit Klaviyo page with a step-by-step guide to obtain API credentials.
Connecting to Klaviyo
Before you get started you will need to obtain your Klaviyo login information.
Here are the steps to connect your Klaviyo account to Grow:
- Select the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on Connections in the Data Library section.
- Select the blue Connect button and search for Klaviyo.
- Select the Klaviyo logo.
A window will pop up to log in with your Klaviyo credentials. If it does not appear, please enable pop-ups from Grow. After entering your credentials, you will see a green confirmation message that the connection has been made.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Klaviyo has some tables available on the Grow Data Warehouse, which we highly recommend you use. For more information about warehousing your data, visit the Data Warehouse Help Article.
The following suggested tables are available in Grow. For now, Grow has pre-defined these tables for the data warehouse.
- Email Campaign Report
- Events Report
- Metrics Report
- SMS Campaigns Report
All pre-defined tables follow this logic:
Time range: Since two years back until the current day.
How to Warehouse your Data
- Starting with the Connections page, navigate to your Klaviyo connection and click on it to open the Connection Details page.
- Select the Manage Connection button inside the Connection Details section to open the warehouse table selection flow.
- If your data source isn't already connected, refer to Connecting to Data Sources for more details. If your data source is already connected, you can immediately select which tables of data you want to warehouse.
- Once you have finished selecting the data that you want stored in Grow’s Data Warehouse, click the Sync & Store button at the bottom of the Manage Connection page. This will begin the initial population of your warehouse with the tables you defined. Populating your data warehouse for the first time may take a while, even up to several hours.
While your data is "In Queue" or "Processing", you may continue working within the app.
Full Sync is enabled for Klaviyo warehouse.
For now, Incremental Sync is disabled for Klaviyo warehouse
To learn more about sync intervals and how to adjust the default settings, please visit the Sync section of the Data Warehouse help article.
Developer documents: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/api_overview
This is for reference only. You should not need to consult this to use the connection in Grow.