SharePoint is a secure cloud-based file sharing and collaboration service provided by Microsoft that makes it easy for your teams to manage and share your documents and work together in real time on any device. Grow users can store exported files with supported formats in their synced SharePoint folders from platforms that may not yet have an integration with Grow. This means you don't have to worry about excluding any of your important data from Grow metrics. Whenever the SharePoint files behind your metrics are updated, Grow will update your metrics to reflect the change.
SharePoint is only available as a warehoused data source. You will need to warehouse your tables before you can build a metric or dataset.
Here are some things you can expect from the SharePoint/Grow integration.
In this article, we will cover:
Before starting, please collect your Microsoft email and password. If you have 2-factor authentication (2FA) for your account, have your device handy to get the code when prompted.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on Connections in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue Connect button, search for SharePoint, and click on the logo.
- In order to connect your account, you will need to sign in to the Microsoft account you use for SharePoint. Enter your email and password. If you have 2FA turned on, enter the code sent to your device.
- After you sign in, Microsoft will ask you if you want to give Grow access to your account. Go ahead and click Yes.
And that's it! You are good to go.
SharePoint is on the Grow Data Warehouse, which we highly recommend you use. For more information about warehousing your data, visit the Data Warehouse Help Article.
For warehoused files, think of a table as an individual spreadsheet within a file. By default, the tables will inherit the name of the file and the selected sheet. For example, "Sales YTD � Sheet1".
Warehousing your Data
- Starting with the Connections Overview Page, navigate to your SharePoint connection and click on it to open the Connection Details page.
- Select the Manage Connection button inside the Connection Details section to open the warehouse table selection flow.
- If your data source isn't already connected, refer to Connecting to Data Sources for more details. If your data source is already connected, you can immediately select which files you want to warehouse by clicking Add custom table and selecting your file from the pick-list.
- Select the sheet within the file that has the data you want to warehouse and click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each file/sheet you wish to store.
- Once you have finished selecting the files you want stored in Grow's Data Warehouse, click the Sync & Store button at the bottom of the Manage Connection page. This will begin the initial population of your warehouse with the tables you defined. Populating your data warehouse for the first time may take a while, even up to several hours.
- While your data is "In Queue" or "Processing", you may continue working within the app.
The default sync interval is 12 hours per table.
Incremental sync is not available for SharePoint.
To learn more about sync intervals and how to adjust the default settings, please visit the sync section of the Data Warehouse help article.
How can I make sure my data is secure?
We have several controls in place to keep your data safe. Check out our security article to see what steps you can take to keep your data safe.
How do I prepare my spreadsheets to use in Grow?
It's important to make sure your spreadsheets are formatted appropriately so you can easily use them in Grow. We strongly recommend you consult this help article for tips to prepare your spreadsheets.