There are two places to add a single new user: in the User tab in settings and directly from a dashboard.
Adding a User From Users Settings
You must have the permission in Grow to manage users to be able to add a new user. Adding a new user through the Users tab allows you to edit a user’s permissions in a more detailed view.
- Click on the Settings gear icon at the top right
- Click on Users in the left menu.
- Click on "Add New User" at the top right.
- Enter the new user's name and email address
- Choose the permissions you want them to have. By default, a new user is given read-only access.
- Select which dashboards the user should have access to. If you select "Select All Dashboards" they will have access to all current and future dashboards.
- Click "Save New User" at the top right.
Adding a User From a Dashboard
To add another user to a dashboard, click the "Add Members' button (the group of people icon) in the upper right-hand corner of your page.
In “Enter Name or Email,” type the name or email of the person you want to add. This will automatically filter through the users in the system for matches. If the person is not in Grow yet, a button will appear to add a new user. Go ahead and click this.
Fill out the First Name, Last Name and Email for the individual, select if you want the new user to be able to view only, or view and edit metrics, and click “Invite.”
This will send the new user an email with a link to activate their account and set a password. Once they do that, they have access to that dashboard in Grow.
Mass Importing Users
To add several users to your Grow account at once, you can upload a CSV file directly into Grow. Note that you cannot have any blank cells, even in the "dashboard" column.
- Go to Account Settings > Users
- Click "Import Users" at the top right, where a window will pop up with instructions. You can download a sample CSV with the fields you need to populate.
- Upload a CSV with the following columns:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Dashboards (these are the dashboards that the user will have access to)
For the "dashboards" column you will add the ID number found in the URL of the dashboard (see the screenshot below). If you want to add multiple dashboards you need to specify each one separated by a comma and a space, all in the same cell.
Accounts Using Dynamic Dashboards
The process is the same to mass import users, but there is an extra column for custom attributes in the CSV that you will upload. The downloadable template CSV will have this fifth field for those accounts.
Sharing a Data Source Connection
There may be times when you want to give a user access to a data source without giving them the credentials to connect it to Grow. Fortunately, Grow has made it easy for you to share data connections! Find out how to do that here.
The "User Attributes" section allows you to set specific labels for individual users in your Grow account and use them in dynamic dashboards. To use dynamic dashboards, contact your account manager.