There are two places to add a new user: in the User tab in settings and directly from a dashboard.
Adding a User From Users Settings
You must have the permission in Grow to manage users to be able to add a new user. Adding a new user through the Users tab allows you to edit a user’s permissions in a more detailed view.
- Click on the Settings gear icon at the top right
- Click on Users in the left menu.
- Click on "Add New User" at the top right.
- Enter the new user's name and email address
- Choose the permissions you want them to have. By default, a new user is given read-only access.
- Select which dashboards the user should have access to. If you select "Select All Dashboards" they will have access to all current and future dashboards.
- Click "Save New User" at the top right.
Adding a User From a Dashboard
To add another user to a dashboard, click the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner of your page.
In “Enter Name or Email,” type the name or email of the person you want to add. This will automatically filter through the users in the system for matches. If the person is not in Grow yet, a button will appear to add a new user. Go ahead and click this.
Fill out the First Name, Last Name and Email for the individual, select if you want the new user to be able to view only, or view and edit metrics, and click “Invite to Grow.”
This will send the new user an email with a button to activate their account. The link will bring them to a page to set up their password. Once they do, they have access to that dashboard in Grow.
Mass Importing Users
If you have many people that you want to add as users in Grow, you can upload a CSV list directly into Grow.
- Go to Account Settings > Users
- Click Import Users
- Upload a CSV with the following columns:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Dashboards (optional)
The Dashboards columns needs to be a comma-delimited list of dashboard IDs in a single cell of the dashboards a user should have access to. You can find that ID in the last five numbers of the URL of the dashboard. You can also edit dashboard access for specific users later in the User Settings.
Sharing a Data Source Connection
There may be times when you want to give a user access to a data source without giving them the credentials to connect it to Grow. Fortunately, Grow has made it easy for you to share data connections! Find out how to do that here.
The "User Attributes" section allows you to set specific labels for individual users in your Grow account and use them in dynamic dashboards. To use dynamic dashboards, contact your account manager.