Church Community Builder’s church management software is designed to equip and empower engaged church leaders with effective ministry tools to strengthen their communities and get to know their people. Here are some things you can expect from the Church Community Builder/Grow integration.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Basic and Professional plans. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Connecting to Church Community Builder is a little tricky to connect inside the Grow app because Church Community Builder requires the API username and password instead of your normal Church Community Builder login username and password.
Here are the steps to create an API username and password in Community Church Builder.
- Log into your CCB account. Click the 'System Settings' gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, then click the API tab.
- Once on this page, click the gray 'Add a new API User' button on the right side.
- Next, fill in the API user info.
- Use the API username and password info you just created to create your data connection inside Grow.
- Click Add Metric, then select Church Community Builder as the data source. Press the blue Connect button. You can then enter your brand new API username and password.
- When you are done, press the blue Submit button.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the reports you can pull from Church Community Builder, along with a description of the data available with each report.
- Attendance Profile: All basic meetings data within the selected date range, including ID, name, occurrence, did not meet, topic, notes, prayer requests, info, attendees, headcount
- Batch Profiles: All transaction batch data within the selected date range, including batch ID, campus, individual, date, grouping ID, payment type, transaction details, transaction creator, transaction created date, etc.
- Event Profiles: All events data within the selected date range, including ID, name, description, leader notes, start date/time, end date/time, timezone, recurrence, approval status, exceptions, group, organizer, phone, location name and address, guest list, resources data, resources status, setup start, setup end, setup notes, creator, modifier, public calendar listed, etc.
- Execute Saved Search: Pulls the selected saved report created in Church Community Builder, including ID, giving number, campus, family, family position, full name, login, email, allergies, mobile data, gender, marital status, birthday, anniversary, baptized, decreased, membership type, membership date, membership end, receive email, active, creator, modifier, created date, modified date, address, phone, etc.
- Group Profiles: All groups data, including ID, name, description, image, campus, main leader name, main leader contact, leaders, participants, group type, department, area ID, calendar feed, registration forms, current members, group capacity, address, meeting day and time, childcare provided, interaction type, membership type, notification, public search listed, inactive, creator, modifier, created date, modified date, director full name, director contact, registration form ID, registration form description, registration form URL, etc.
- Individual Attendance: All individual attendance metrics, including ID, name, attendance event, attendance group, attendance occurrence, attendances, etc.
- Individual Profile Info: All individual member profiles, including ID, giving number, campus, family, full name, login, email, allergies, mobile data, gender, marital status, birthday, emergency contact, anniversary, baptized, deceased, membership type, membership date, membership end, receive email, active, creator, modifier, created date, modified date, address, phone, etc.
- Position List: All church positions, including ID, name, group, description, scheduled, listed, capacity, currently holding, creator, modifier, created date, modified date, position holder count, etc.
- Resource List: All church resources, including ID, type, name, campus, owner, description, notes, fee amount, quantity, allow layout, allow conflicts, notification, listed, creator, modifier, created date, modified date, etc.
- Transaction Detail Type List: All transaction types, including ID, name, cash bank account, account number, tax deductible, online giving enabled, pledge goal, parent ID, campus, etc.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
I can’t find my data in the API endpoints?
If the default reports available in Grow don’t contain the precise data you want to track, Church Community Builder allows you to generate saved searches that can then be pulled into Grow just like any other report. These can be especially useful when segmenting attendance or donations data by congregation