If you would like to display an image on your dashboard, you can do that through an Image Chart. You cannot upload an image directly to Grow so you will need a direct URL to that image hosted online somewhere. You can enter in the URL manually or select it from a report from any datasource, including a spreadsheet.
How to Build
- Click on "Add Metric" from your dashboard.
- Select a connected data source (or connect a new one).
- If you do not have the URL in any data source but want to enter it manually, it doesn't matter which data source you connect to. (It might be easiest to select "Spreadsheet Functions" from the list.)
- If you have the URL to the image in a report from a data source, connect to that data source and select the report that contains the URL.
NOTE: If you are not pulling your images through a specific data source, it doesn't matter what data you select. You will only need a URL for the image.
- In the Edit Metric screen, click Column to reveal the various chart types, then select Image.
On the left-hand side of the page, you'll see an Image URL section. Here you can manually enter (or paste) the image URL, or select the cell with the URL you want to use.
Once you've inserted or chosen your image URL, go ahead and make sure your metric looks right. Give it a title and save it to a dashboard.
Get a Direct URL for Images
If you do not have the image hosted online anywhere, here are some options for uploading the image online for free.
Note: Image hosting services have widely varying terms of service, types of content, and private/public policies. Make sure you are aware of what images your image could be shown with, how they can and will use your image etc. When in doubt, don't upload sensitive images.
Using Images in a Table Chart
If you have image URLs in a table chart (i.e. for different ads on various platforms), You can set the metric settings such that the image appears in the table chart.