If you would like to display an image on your dashboard, you can do that through an Image Chart. You cannot upload an image directly to Grow so you will need a direct URL to that image hosted online somewhere. You can enter in the URL manually or select it from a report from any datasource, including a spreadsheet.
How to Build
- Click on "Add Metric" from your dashboard.
- If the URL for the image you want to use is in a spreadsheet or a report from a data source, select that data source (or connect a new one).
- If you want to manually enter the image URL you can skip adding a data source and move to the Chart tab at the top center.
- In the Edit Metric screen, click "Column" to reveal the various chart types, then select Image.
- On the top left-hand side of the page, you'll see an Image URL section. Here you can manually enter (or paste) the image URL, or select the cell with the URL you want to use.
- Give it a title and save it to a dashboard.
Get a Direct URL for Images
If you do not have the image hosted online anywhere, here are some options for uploading the image online for free.
Note: Image hosting services have widely varying terms of service, types of content, and private/public policies. Make sure you are aware of what images your image could be shown with, how they can and will use your image etc. When in doubt, don't upload sensitive images.
NOTE: Make sure to use the full URL of the image, not a short link. For example, if you want to use an image from a service like Giphy you have the option to use a direct URL or a shortened URL, and the short URL won't work in the image chart.
Using Images in a Table Chart
If you have image URLs in your data, you can also display them in a table chart (for example, when displaying social media posts).