The dashboard is where you will spend a lot of your time monitoring your metrics, and it serves as a starting point to creating new metrics or sharing the dashboard with other users and stakeholders.
Note: Most of these options come with a certain high level of user access privileges. For example, many of the dashboard, user, and metric menu buttons are not available to users without "create metric" access. If a feature shown here isn't available to you, talk to your account admin about getting access.
You can view the dashboard menu on the left side by clicking the ">" arrow button at the top left. At the top you can search to find a specific dashboard you want to see. You can create and name a new blank dashboard by clicking on the plus button next to "All Dashboards."
The list of dashboards at the top shows your favorited dashboards, and below that is a full list of the dashboards visible to you. To add a dashboard to the "Favorite Dashboards" list, simply click on the star next to the dashboard name in the second section.
The "All Dashboards" list displays the names alphabetically, but you can rearrange the order of favorited dashboards by clicking and dragging at the far left of the dashboard name.
To close the dashboard menu, click on the arrow button again at the top left of the screen.
You can access your user and admin settings or log out of your Grow account by clicking on your name or profile image at the top right of the header.
To create a new metric, dataset, or dashboard, click on the "+Create" button.
At the top right, you have four dashboard options:
- Give access to existing users on your Grow account, or invite a new user.
- Display the dashboard in full-screen mode.
- Make a published link to view the dashboard externally or create a new scheduled PDF report of the dashboard.
- Other dashboard options:
- Add text bar separator: Add blue text to your dashboard to help label or separate parts of your dashboard.
- Add note: Add a text box to your dashboard to give a description or explanation to your metrics. Learn more about using notes on your dashboards.
- Go to the dashboard settings where you can rename a dashboard, set user access, create reports, and more.
- Generate a PDF of the current dashboard.
- Auto-organize the metrics on the current dashboard.
- Refresh all of the metrics on the current dashboard.
- Go to the Help Center
- Delete the current dashboard
Searching Your Dashboards and Metrics
In the header of any dashboard screen, you can search for a specific dashboard or metric by clicking the magnifying glass at the top right. Dashboards and metrics are distinguished by the icons on the left. Results will be shown alphabetically with metrics showing up first, then dashboards.
Metric Action Menu
To see the options for a specific metric, click on the three-dot menu button at the top right of that metric.
- Edit: This will allow you to make any changes to the data or the formatting of a metric.
- Slack (Coming soon!): Share individual metrics to a specific Slack channel.
- Copy: Create a copy of the metric that is independent of the original (meaning changes in one will not affect the other) and let you select the dashboard you want it saved on. This will simply make a copy and take you to that dashboard.
- Copy and Edit: This does the same as "Copy," but it will first take you to the metric builder to make any changes to it first.
- Move: This will let you remove the metric from the current dashboard and place it on another dashboard.
- Share: You can "share" the metric between two or more dashboards. Instead of making a separate copy of the same metric, any changes made to the metric on one dashboard will affect the shared metric on another dashboard. Shared metrics only count as as one metric against your account's metric limit (if your account has a metric limit).
- Export: This will immediately download an Excel file of the data used for the chart.
- Delete: This will ask for a confirmation before deleting the metric from the dashboard.
Expanded Metric View
To see some additional ways to view the data for an individual metric, click on the "Expanded View" button at the top right of the metric, next to the action menu. Note that any changes made in expanded view are not saved in the metric itself.
- Explore View: This is the default view that lets you edit the chart filters, date grouping, and chart types.
- Details View: This shows the Grow user who created the metric, the data source used, and the last time the metric data has been updated. It will also display the metric description if one has been added.
- History View: See how the metric has changed in the past. Learn more about how to change how often the snapshots update.
- Chart Type: See what your metric would look like with compatible different chart types.
- Date Range: If the metric is based on a date range, you can group the data by day, week, month, and quarter. Note that if you have already grouped your data by week, month, or quarter, you won't be able to group it more granularly in the metric's expanded view. For example, if I have grouped my data by week, I won't be able to group it by day on my dashboard.
- Chart Filters: Filter the data being used in the chart. Learn more about using Filter and Drill.
- Chart/Table View: Toggle between chart and table view to see the data that is making up the chart.
- Edit Metric: Make any changes to the data or the formatting of a metric.
- Next/Previous Metric: Rotate through the metrics on the current dashboard.
Zooming in on a Metric in Expanded View
You can zoom in on a particular section of a metric while viewing it in Expanded View. This only works for Line or Area charts. As you hover over the chart area you will see a red vertical bar. Click and drag to select a specific area you’d like to zoom into.
Since it only works on Line or Area chart types, you need to build the original metric that way, or change the Chart Type at the bottom left of the Expanded View to change to one of the supported metric types and then the zoom functionality will appear.