The dashboard is where you will spend a lot of your time monitoring your metrics, and it serves as a starting point to creating new metrics or sharing the dashboard with other users and stakeholders.
Note: Most of these options come with a certain high level of user access privileges. For example, many of the dashboard, user, and metric menu buttons are not available to users without "create metric" access. If a feature shown here isn't available to you, talk to your account admin about getting access.
You can view the dashboard menu on the left side by clicking on the hamburger menu at the top left. You can create and name a new blank dashboard by clicking on "Add Dashboard" at the top of the menu. You can also search to find a specific dashboard you want to see.
Underneath that you will see two sections showing a list of available dashboards. The top shows your favorited dashboards, and below that is a full list of the dashboards visible to you. To add a dashboard to the "Favorite Dashboards" list, simply click on the star next to the dashboard name in the second section.
The "All Dashboards" list displays the names alphabetically, but you can rearrange the order of favorited dashboards by clicking and dragging at the far left of the dashboard name.
To close the dashboard menu, click on the "x" at the top left of the screen.
You can access your user and admin settings or log out of your Grow account by clicking on your name or profile image at the top right of the header.
To start building a new metric, click on the "Add Metric" button, which will take you to the "Connect Your Data" screen where you will be prompted to select a data source and the data you want to use for a new metric.
To see other options, you can click on the dropdown button next to that:
- Add new metric: This is the same as clicking on "Add Metric"
- Add pre-built metric: This will let you quickly add pre-set metrics
- Create dataset: Instead of focusing on creating a new chart, you can create a dataset, which is a reusable report configuration that you can prepare and share with your team to build multiple metrics.
- Add text bar separator: Add blue text to your dashboard to help label or separate parts of your dashboard.
- Add note: Add a text box to your dashboard to give a description or explanation to your metrics. Learn more about using notes on your dashboards.
To the right of the "Add Metric" button, you have four other dashboard options:
- Give access to existing users on your Grow account, or invite a new user.
- Display the dashboard in full-screen mode.
- Make a published link to view the dashboard externally or create a new scheduled PDF report of the dashboard.
- Other dashboard options:
- Go to the dashboard settings where you can rename a dashboard, set user access, create reports, and more.
- Generate a PDF of the current dashboard.
- Auto-organize the metrics on the current dashboard.
- Refresh all of the metrics on the current dashboard.
- Go to the Help Center
- Delete the current dashboard
Searching Your Dashboards and Metrics
In the header of any dashboard screen, you can search for a specific dashboard or metric. Dashboards and metrics are distinguished by the icons on the left. Results will be shown alphabetically with metrics showing up first, then dashboards.
Metric Action Menu
To see the options for a specific metric, click on the three-dot menu button at the top right of that metric.
- Edit Metric: This will allow you to make any changes to the data or the formatting of a metric.
- Copy Metric: You have two options: "Copy" and "Copy and Edit"— Both will create a copy of the metric that is independent of the original (meaning changes in one will not affect the other) and let you select the dashboard you want it saved on. "Copy" will simply make a copy and take you to that dashboard, and "Copy and Edit" will first take you to the "edit metric" screen if you want to make any changes to it first.
- Move Metric: This will let you remove the metric from the current dashboard and place it on another dashboard.
- Share Metric: You can "share" the metric between two or more dashboards. Instead of making a separate copy of the same metric, any changes made to the metric on one dashboard will affect the shared metric on another dashboard. Shared metrics only count as as one metric against your account's metric limit (if your account has a metric limit).
- Export Metric: This will immediately download an Excel file of the data used for the chart.
- Delete Metric: This will ask for a confirmation before deleting the metric from the dashboard.
Expanded Metric View
To see some additional ways to view the data for an individual metric, click on the "Expanded View" button at the top right of the metric, next to the action menu. Note that any changes made in expanded view are not saved in the metric itself.
- Explore View: This is the default view that lets you edit the chart filters, date grouping, and chart types.
- Info View: This shows the Grow user who created the metric, the data source used, and the last time the metric data has been updated. It will also display the metric description if one has been added.
- Snapshot View: See how the metric has changed in the past. Learn more about how to change how often the snapshots update.
- Chart Filters: Filter the data being used in the chart. Learn more about using Filter and Drill.
- Date Grouping: If the metric is based on a date range, you can group the data by day, week, month, and quarter. Note that if you have already grouped your data by week, month, or quarter, you won't be able to group it more granularly in the metric's expanded view. For example, if I have grouped my data by week, I won't be able to group it by day on my dashboard.
- Chart Types: See what your metric would look like with compatible different chart types.
- Chart/Table View: Toggle between chart and table view to see the data that is making up the chart.
- Edit Metric: Make any changes to the data or the formatting of a metric.
- Next/Previous Metric: Rotate through the metrics on the current dashboard.