The list of permissions available in Grow are:
- Manage Users (All permissions): By default, anyone with the ability to add and manage users is a Grow “Admin” as they would be able to give their own user access to any are of the platform.
- Manage Company Info: Shows the company info tab in settings where they can edit their company profile.
- View Billing Info: Shows the billing tab where a user can see their account metric usage and current billing package as well as past invoices. (See more info here.)
- Save and Manage Stored Reports: Allows user to see the Grow Storage tab in settings and manage and create any stored data with data auths they have access to. (See more info here.)
- Manage All Data Connections: Allows user to see the full list of account Data Sources, disconnect, reconnect, and share those data sources with other users.
- Manage Dashboards: Allows user to add and manage dashboards in the account.
- Add and Manage Metrics: Allows user to create and delete metrics on any dashboard they have access to.
- Export Data: Allows user to export data from a metric on the dashboard.
- Move and Resize Metrics: Allows user to organize and resize metrics on any dashboard they have access to.
- View Only: A user who can only see the dashboard they have access to. A View Only user can still explore the data in explore mode, but they cannot create or delete any metric
Changing and Editing User Permissions
NOTE: This feature is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
To edit User permissions, click on your profile picture in the top right and select 'Settings.'
Select 'Users' from the menu on the left side of the page.
On this page, you'll see a list of all of the users in your organization. There is a search bar at the top that allows you to search for a specific user. Once you find them, click on their name.
Under their personal information, you'll see a box titled User Permissions. The permissions show up here. Once you have given them permissions, click Save on the far right hand side.
One handy tip about permissions: if you select any permissions that are above Move and Resize Metrics, it will automatically select all of the permissions below it.
If you add a user and give them view-only rights, they will be able to see the dashboards they are assigned to, expand the metrics, view the metric history, refresh the metrics, and enter full-screen mode for the dashboard.
So to make a 'view only' user, don't check any of the permission boxes.
As you add more permissions, a user can do more and more up to the level of Manage Users, which includes all permissions. Manage users includes all other permissions, because with the ability to manage users, you could create an additional user which had all permissions anyway.
If you want to give someone access to a dashboard, you can do so in your Account Settings. Go to Account Settings, then to Dashboards (left-hand pane). There you will find both the basic information about your dashboard as well as a list of the people in your organization that have access to that dashboard. You can update the access there.
If you find that some people have their boxes checked and their names grayed out, this means that they have permissions to access all dashboards. You will not be able to select or unselect them.
You can also update a user's dashboard permissions in their account settings. If you scroll down below the user permissions, you will find the list of dashboards that your organization has access to. Check the boxes for whichever dashboards the user needs access to.
When you're done, click the Save button on the right side of the page. And that's it!