Each user in Grow can be assigned one of six user roles:
- Admin: This user role has full view and manage permissions for everything in the account, including for Users, Billing, and Account Settings.
- Architect: This user role has full view and manage permissions, except for Users, Billing, and Account Settings.
- Analyst: This user role is designed specifically for anyone who will need to add data, build datasets, and manage dashboards and visualizations.
- Visualizer: This user role is designed primarily for users who want to build their own metrics from data that is already within Grow.
- Consumer: This user role is designed primarily for anyone consuming the data, specifically for those who need to export data from metrics on the dashboard.
- View Only: This user role only has the ability to view metrics on dashboards they are added to.
Here is a list of quick descriptions of the related permissions:
- Manage Users: Allows the user to add and manage other users including the user role.
- Manage Company Info: Allows the user to manage company profile settings in the company info tab in settings.
- Manage Billing: Shows the billing tab where the user can see their account metric usage and current billing package as well as past invoices. (See more info here.)
- Save & Manage Stored Reports: Allows user to manage stored reports on the Grow Storage tab in settings and create new ones from within the builder. (See more info here.) — Note: not all accounts have this feature. Stored reports is a feature currently being deprecated.
- Manage All Data Connections: Allows user to see the full list of account Data Sources, disconnect, reconnect, and share those data sources with other users.
- Manage Dashboards: Allows user to add and manage dashboards in the account.
- Add & Manage Metrics: Allows user to create and delete metrics on any dashboard they have access to.
- Move and Resize Metrics: Allows user to organize and resize metrics on any dashboard they have access to.
- Export Data: Allows user to export data from a metric on the dashboard.
- View Only: A user who can only see the dashboard they have access to. A View Only user can still explore the data in expanded mode, but they cannot create or delete any metric
Changing and Editing User Roles
To edit a user's role, click on the gear icon in the global navigation to get to Account Settings.
Select "Users" from the menu on the left side of the page.
On this page, you'll see a list of all of the users in your organization. There is a search bar at the top that allows you to search for a specific user. Once you find them, click on their name.
Under their personal information, you'll see a box titled User Permissions. The roles and permissions show up here. Once you have given them a role, click Save on the far right hand side.