Paypal allows you to securely send money, receive money, or set up a merchant account. This article will give you an overview of the PayPal/Grow (Beta) integration.
NOTE: We are no longer actively supporting this integration as of March 1, 2020. If you have previously authenticated this data source, it will still appear in the list of your data sources. We will not be improving this integration further.
How to Connect
Before starting, please collect your Dropbox username (email address) and password.
- Log in to Grow and select ‘Settings’ under your name in the top-right corner
- Select ‘Data Sources’ from the menu on the left and click on ‘+ Connect Data Sources`
- Search for Paypal, and select ‘+ Connect’
- On the new pop-up screen, you’ll need to enter your PayPal credentials
- And that’s it - you’re ready to start building!
The PayPal/Grow (Beta) integration currently offers a connection to the Invoices endpoint from PayPal. When you connect to this report, it returns a list of the invoices created. Some of the data that it returns include the following:
- Status (Paid, cancelled, refunded, marked as paid, etc.)
- Merchant info
- Billing details (i.e. email, business name)
- Shipping info
- Invoice date
- Payment information
- Value and currency
- Refund amounts, currencies, and other information
- Among other details.