NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
Xero provides accounting and payroll software for small business, so you can see your cash flow in real time with online accounting, invoicing, billing, and banking services. Combining Grow’s ability to update data as it changes and Xero’s flexibility with viewing up-to-date information enables you to make powerful and effective financial decisions at a moment’s notice.
How to Connect
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. You will be brought to your Data Connections.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Xero.
- Click on the Xero logo.
- A window will pop up to log in with your Xero credentials. After entering your credentials you will see a green confirmation message that the connection has been made.
If you didn't see a window to enter your credentials but you still got a green success message, then that means you were already logged in with your Xero account (likely in another tab) and Grow used that account to connect.
Below is a list of the reports that the Xero integration offers, along with a description of each report.
- Accounts: List of all the bank accounts connected to my Xero account
- Aged Payable by Contact: List of historical transactions paid to provider or supplier with associated details.
- Aged Receivables by Contact: List of historical transactions received by customer with associated details.
- Balance Sheet: Details of Balance Sheet entries for last two years, including the value of assets, liabilities and other categories listed on your account.
- Bank Statement: Charges and deposits for specified bank account.
- Bank Statement (multiple accounts): Opening and closing balance for selected time period and specific transactions for multiple bank accounts allowing for aggregated totals.
- Bank Summary: Opening and closing balance, cash received and spent for specified time period.
- Budget Summary: Monthly budget projections specified in your account.
- Contacts: List of all contacts, activity status and associated ID.
- Executive Summary: List of key values for the last year including profitability, balance sheet, asset positions, cash flow, average debtor days etc.
- Invoices: List of all invoice totals, amount due, paid, and categories.
- Invoice Line Items: List of all invoice line items, amount due, and categories.
- Items: Retrieve inventory information like description, quantity, and price.
- Linked Transactions: List of any transactions linked from a purchase transactions and a customer or sales transaction.
- Profit and Loss: Last 12 months of data including monthly revenue, operating expenses, cost of sales, etc.
- Repeating Invoices: List of any invoices set up to repeat and associated details.
- Tracking Categories: List of all tracking categories and associated details.
- Trial balance: Statement of all debits and credits for account.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
If you have a lot of data or many datasets from Xero you may run into API limits.
Xero has a daily call cap and per minute cap. If you anticipate you hit the per minute cap of 60 calls in 60 seconds just wait a minute and try again.
Using the Tracking CategoryIDs and OptionIDs with the Profit and Loss report
If you want to limit the information for a profit and loss report using a custom tracking ID that you've created in Xero, you can find the
OptionID in the "TrackingCategories" report. Then simply cut and paste those values into the fields in the "Profit and Loss" report.