Intercom’s messaging platform allows you to communicate with your customers, resolve support issues, and track conversation histories in the same place. Here's an overview of the Grow/Intercom integration and descriptions of the reports you can pull in to build your metrics.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Intercom login information.
- Log in to your Grow account. Press Add Metric, then select Intercom from the list of integrations. Select Connect.
- You will first need to sign in to your Intercom account.
- After you sign in, you will need to grant Grow access to your Intercom data. Press the blue Connect button on that page.
- Once you've done that, you'll be brought back to Grow's app.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a complete list of the reports available from Intercom, as well as a description of the data fields available from each report.
- List Users: All user data for the selected date range, including type, ID, user ID, name, app ID, company, company type, preferred name, city name, continent code, country name, postal code, region name, timezone, last request date, created date, signup date, session count, unsubscribed from emails (true/false), marked emails as spam (true/false), has hard bounced (true/false), user agent data, tags, etc.
- List Leads: All leads created within the selected date range, including ID, user ID, name, app ID, company name, company type, city name, country name and code, postal code, region name, timezone, last request date, created date, signup date, session count, unsubscribed from emails, marked email as spam, has hard bounced, user agent data, total unread count, etc.
- List Counts: Returns a count of users, tags, admins, or segments filtered by conversations, companies, or users. Data fields include:
- Conversation - Admin: Name, ID, Open, and Closed
- Company - Segment: Active, New, and Slipping Away
- Company - Tag: A single field for each company tag. Tags are specific to the Intercom account, and defined by your admin.
- Company - User: A single field for each user in the account. Typically, the count value is 1.
- User - Segment: Active, Active Users, Admin Users, All Users First Seen, and additional custom user segments as defined by your admin.
- User - Tag: A single field for each user tag. Tags are specific to the Intercom account, and defined by your admin.
- Conversation Parts: See the content and timestamps for each part of a conversation to calculate average response time. There is a limit of 50 conversations.
Note: For a Conversation count type, the Count Value must be "Admin." For User type, the Count Value must be Tag or Segment. For Company type, the Count Value must be Tag, Segment, or User.
- List Companies: All companies, including company ID, name, created date, last request date, monthly sped, session count, user count, type, tags, segments, plan name, plan type, plan ID, expired (true/false), expired date, member count, etc.
- List Tags: All tags, including type, ID, and name.
- List Segments: All segments, including type, ID, name, created date, updated date, and person type.
- List Conversations: All conversations matching the selected date range. You'll be required to filter by "Open" or "Closed" conversations (or check both boxes, if you want all conversation data). Field data includes ID, created date, updated date, user type and ID, Assignee type and ID, conversation message type and ID, message subject, author type and ID, open (true/false), read(true/false), etc.
FAQS + Trip and Tricks
List Counts Report
The List Counts Report in the Intercom/Grow integration is both the most dynamic and potentially the most difficult to use. The goal of the List Counts report is to get counts of users and companies in your Intercom and filter it by different criteria. Intercom uses type values and count values. Grow can pull in type values for Conversations, Companies, and Users. Not all count values work with all type values. Below you can find which count values will return what data.
TYPE VALUE: Conversations
The conversation count gives you the count of conversations based on the parameters (count value) you give it.
- Admin: Gives you a list of each admin and the number of open or closed conversations.
TYPE VALUE: Company
The Company count returns numbers of companies based on the count value.
- Segment: Returns the numbers of companies that are classified in different segments.
- Tag: Shows the number of companies with different tags in your Intercom account.
- User: Shows the companies in your account and the number of users each one has.
TYPE VALUE: User
The User count returns the numbers of users based on the count value you choose.
- Segment: Returns the number of users with whatever segments you have set up.
- Tag: Shows the number of users according to your tags.
A Segment in Intercom is a group of users (or companies) that are defined by filters you set. They differ from tags in that users are automatically added to a group (a segment) once they match those filters. Tags must be manually added to group objects within Intercom. Intercom also provides a slightly-more-in-depth summary of this information on a help article here.
Pulling your Intercom List of Companies
Intercom has the ability to group your users into companies. Once you have done this, you can pull the list of companies into Grow using the List Companies report. However, setting up companies in Intercom is actually pretty difficult. You have to add code snippets to your Intercom code. Intercom wrote a nice article about it here. If you have not setup companies in Intercom, the List Companies Report in Grow will come back blank.