Airtable’s all-in-one collaboration platform unites the best parts of spreadsheets and databases to deliver a flexible management solution for teams of any size. Here’s a quick overview of the Airtable/Grow integration.
How to Connect
Before connecting please collect your Airtable API Key, Base ID, and Base Name.
- Log into Grow and click Add Metric. Navigate to Airtable and click Connect. To connect your Airtable account you will need your API Key.
- To find your API Key, log in to Airtable and go to your account page. It will you will find your API Key on the Overview page.
- Once you put your API Key into Grow, your account will then be authorized.
Adding Airtable base data to a Metric
- Click on "Add metric" from the dashboard. Under Airtable Settings, you can select "Get Airtable Base" from the drop-down list.
- In order to pull information, you will then need the Base ID and the Base Name.
- In order to find your Base ID, first click on the Airtable API documentation link next to your API Key. You can also Google "Airtable API documentation." (You will need to log in to Airtable if you aren't already.)
- Next, select the base you'd like to access.
- Pull the Base ID from the example URL they give in the introduction to the base you chose. (It's the value between / / and looks like apphXmBxHuxynZ2Kf)
- Your Base Name is found in two places. The first place you can find it is at the end of the example URL.
- For example, this one is called Design Projects (just remove the %20).
- Another place to find the Base Name is on the left side of the API documentation (just remove the "TABLE" from the name)
- Populate these values into the respective fields in Grow and hit "Get Data".
Now you add any transforms to your Airtable data and build your metrics!
Airtable’s graphical interface provides the ability to create custom databases, or “bases”. Before a base is pulled into Grow it can be organized specifically to the nature of the metric or metrics desired. This provides a highly personalized and focused reporting experience in Grow.
If you have fields that are coming in as a series of Id numbers instead of actual values (like names), that's because you are linking that data to other fields in Airtable. This works great in Airtable, but we can't get those actual values in Grow— It will only come in as the ID numbers.