NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
When I Work is an employee scheduling app that saves you time on scheduling while also helping you improve communication and accountability, track time and attendance, and grow your business. The When I Work/Grow integration makes it possible to better visualize and analyze your When I Work data, so you can make the right decisions for your team and for your business.
NOTE: We are no longer actively supporting this integration as of April 2019. If you have previously authenticated this data source, it will still appear in the list of your data sources. We will not be improving this integration further.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your When I Work username, password, and a private developer key.
- Log in to Grow and press the Add Metric button. Select When I work from the list of data sources. Select Connect.
- In order to connect your When I Work account in Grow, you will need your When I Work username, password, and a private developer key in order to access their API.
- If you haven't already, you will need to request a dev key. This can be done by going to http://dev.wheniwork.com/.
- If you scroll down to the bottom of the pane on the left-hand side, you will see a link at the very bottom labeled "Sign up for a Developer Key." Clicking on this link will open up an email that you will need to fill out to request a key.
- After you have your developer key, go ahead and paste it into Grow.
- Once you have entered your other When I Work credentials, press the blue Submit button.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of reports that When I Work offers, along with a short description of the data each provides.
- Hours: Time entries for employees, including start time, end time, break time, length, hourly rate, approval, employee name, position, location, etc.
- Payroll: Payroll information, including employee name, payroll start date, number of regular hours, overtime hours, amount of regular wages, overtime wages, etc.