Instagram offers businesses a creative way to connect and interact with audiences. The Instagram/Grow integration allows you to monitor your posts and engagement and plan how to reach your circle of influence more effectively.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Standard and Professional plans. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Before starting, please collect your Instagram login information.
- Log in to your Grow account and press Add Metric. Select Instagram from the list of data sources, then click the blue Connect button.
- To connect your Instagram account, you’ll be taken to a login page for Instagram.
- Once you have signed in, you will be brought back to Grow.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the endpoints that the Instagram/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- User Info: Returns the info for your account.
- User Posts: Comments, likes, location, text, and tagged users in your posts.
- Recently Tagged Media: Returns media that was recently tagged with a specified hashtag.
- Total Aggregated Followers: Total number of followers you have.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Instagram’s API does not allow access to historical data
This means that it is impossible for Grow to pull how many Instagram followers your account had at any time before you connected Grow to Instagram. We can and will automatically track your followers per day from when the account was connected. There are 3rd party services that could return historical data, however, Grow hasn't tested any of them, and doesn't endorse or suggest them.
10,000 Items per API Limit
Instagram's API returns the 10,000 most recent individual items in itemized reports. So when pulling user posts, Instagram only returns up to the most recent 10,000.
Liked Posts, Following, and Followers
Following the Cambridge Analytica scandal, Instagram has disabled the endpoints Liked Posts, Following, and Followers from their API.