Totango is an intelligent customer success platform designed to help you monitor customer data and drive proactive engagements for your business. This article will give you an overview of the Grow/Totango integration.
NOTE: We are no longer actively supporting this integration as of March 1, 2020. If you have previously authenticated this data source, it will still appear in the list of your data sources. We will not be improving this integration further.
How to Connect
Before starting, please collect your Dropbox username (email address) and password.
- Log in to Grow and select ‘Settings’ under your name in the top-right corner
- Select ‘Data Sources’ from the menu on the left and click on ‘+ Connect Data Sources`
- Search for Totango, and select ‘+ Connect’
- On the new pop-up screen, you’ll need to enter a Name (this can be anything)
- After this, it will ask you to login to Totango with your user credentials
- And that’s it - you’re ready to start building!
Instead of having traditional endpoints, Totango allows users to pull data using a cURL command that connects directly to the desired report or list. This creates a unique access point for each new search and allows for a wide range of customization when it comes to creating metrics in Grow.
FAQ’s + Tips & Tricks:
Totango cURL string: When you create a Totango metric, it will ask you to get the curl string. Here’s where to do that.
First, log in to your Totango account. Use the search bar in the upper left-hand corner to search for the list(s) or segments that you want to pull in to your Grow metric. For our example, we’ll take the segment Active users, Poor Health accounts.
Once you have pulled the page up that matches your search, click the More button in the upper right-hand side of the page, then select Generate API Endpoint.
This will bring up a window that will give you the curl string. Make sure to check the Insert My API Token checkbox at the top. Then copy this entire value and paste it into Grow.
And that’s it! You’re all set to build metrics with Totango.