Square simplifies credit card processing for your business by providing the hardware and software you need to manage your plastic transactions. This article will give you an overview of the Square/Grow integration.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Square login credentials.
- Log in to your Grow account, then click Add Metric. Select Square from the list of data sources, then press the Connect button.
- You will need to log in to your Square account to connect it with Grow.
- Once you have logged in to your account, you will be brought back to Grow.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the endpoints that the Square/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- Transaction: All transactions for the specified Square location and date range, including transaction ID, created date, tender ID, amount, currency, processing fee, payment type, status, card last 4, entry method, product, client ID, cash details, refunds, refund details, among other information.
- Refunds: All refunds processed (not pending) for the specified location and date range, including transaction ID, tender ID, created date, reason, amount, currency, status, processing fee, location name, among other information
- Customers: All customers, including customer ID, created date, updated date, name, phone, email subscription preferences, group IDs and names, among other information.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
When an endpoint from Square has Location ID as a field, it is referring to the physical business location the app is acting on behalf of. One or more locations must be selected before pulling a transaction or a refund.
Refunds with a “pending” status will not be pulled from the Refunds endpoint.