NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
Square simplifies credit card processing for your business by providing the hardware and software you need to manage your plastic transactions. This article will give you an overview of the Square/Grow integration.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Square login credentials.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. You will be brought to your Data Connections.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Square.
- Click on the Square logo.
- A window will pop up to log in with your Square credentials. After entering your credentials you will see a green confirmation message that the connection has been made.
If you didn't see a window to enter your credentials but you still got a green success message, then that means you were already logged in with your Google account (likely in another tab) and Grow used that account to connect.
Below is a list of the endpoints that the Square/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- Orders: All transactions for the specified Square location and date range, including order ID, created date, location, quantity of items, item name, item amount, currency, processing fee, payment type, status, card last 4, and other information.
- Refunds: All refunds processed (not pending) for the specified location and date range, including transaction ID, tender ID, created date, reason, amount, currency, status, processing fee, location name, among other information
- Customers: All customers, including customer ID, created date, updated date, name, phone, email subscription preferences, group IDs and names, among other information.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
When an endpoint from Square has Location ID as a field, it is referring to the physical business location the app is acting on behalf of. One or more locations must be selected before pulling a transaction or a refund.
Refunds with a “pending” status will not be pulled from the Refunds endpoint.