Recurly provides billing management for many subscription businesses. The Recurly/Grow integration offers businesses a platform to manage all of their subscription data in one place. This article will give you an overview of the integration itself.
NOTE: Recurly is available for Direct Query and Warehouse.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Recurly API Key and Domain.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. You will be brought to your Data Connections.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Recurly.
- Click on the Recurly logo.
- Enter your API Key.
- To get your API Key, you’ll need to have manager or admin permissions in Recurly. Log in to your Recurly account, then click on Developers in the menu. From here, select API Credentials.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the button labeled Add Private API Key button.
- Add a name for your API Key and any notes that you need about what it will be used for. In the section about a third-party application, select Grow as the application using the key.
- Click Save Changes.
- After you get your API Key, copy it into Grow.
- In the domain field, enter the subdomain you have created for your account. Press Submit.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the reports that the Recurly/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
For the Subscriptions and Accounts reports, there is an additional field that you must choose, labeled State *. Each state is shown in the bullet point lists below, along with the description of the data they provide.
- Active: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for active subscriptions
- Canceled: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for canceled subscriptions
- Expired: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for expired subscriptions
- Future: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for future subscriptions
- In Trial: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for subscriptions in trial
- Live: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for live subscriptions
- Past Due: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for subscriptions that are past due.
- Active: Name, company, and account details for active accounts
- Closed: Name, company, and account details for active accounts
Invoices: Account ID, invoice number, company info and invoice amounts
- Account Shipping Addresses: Account id and information regarding the shipping address.
- Accounts (Formatted): Id, username, email, first & last name, company, and more in-depth account information.
- Add On Currencies: Add on id, currency type, and currency amount
- Add On Tiers: Add on id, ending tier quantity, and tier usage
- Add Ons (Formatted): Id, name, type, along with usage and item information
- Coupon Items: Coupon id and information regarding items
- Coupon Plans: Coupon id and information regarding plans
- Coupons (Formatted)
- Credit Payments (Formatted)
- Invoice Credit Payments: Invoice id along with information on credit cards, refunds, and voids
- Invoice Line Item: Invoice id along with information on line items accounts, invoices and shipping
- Invoice Transaction: Invoice id, transaction id, account details, along with transaction information
- Invoice (Formatted): Id, invoice number, collection status & method, and balances
- Item Currencies
- Items (Formatted)
- Line Items (Formatted): Id, type, state, subscription id, plan id, invoice id, in-depth information on line items including shipping, purchase amounts, and accounts
- Plan Currencies: Plan id, currency type, currency setup fee, and currency unit amount
- Plans (Formatted): Id, state, name, description, interval units, interval length, and trial units
- Sites (Formatted): Id, subdomain, mode, and public api key
- Subscription Add Ons: Subscription id, add on id, add on code, and more in-depth information on add ons
- Subscription Coupon Redemptions: Subscription id along with coupon redemption information
- Subscription (Formatted): Id, billing info id, along with in-depth information on billing cycles, collections, and accounts
- Transaction (Formatted): Id and in-depth information for transaction data including accounts, billing address, invoices, subscription, and payments