Recurly provides billing management for many subscription businesses. The Recurly/Grow integration offers businesses a platform to manage all of their subscription data in one place. This article will give you an overview of the integration itself.
NOTE: We are no longer actively supporting this integration as of March 1, 2020. If you have previously authenticated this data source, it will still appear in the list of your data sources. We will not be improving this integration further. However, Recurly is supported by a third-party ETL called StitchData. To learn more, click here.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Recurly API Key and Domain.
- Log in to your Grow account and click Add Metric. Select Recurly from the list of Data Sources. Select Connect.
- In order to connect your Recurly account, you’ll need your API Key and Domain.
- To get your API Key, you’ll need to have manager or admin permissions in Recurly. Log in to your Recurly account, then click on Developers in the menu. From here, select API Credentials.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the button labeled Add Private API Key button.
- Add a name for your API Key and any notes that you need about what it will be used for. In the section about a third-party application, select Grow as the application using the key.
- Click Save Changes.
- After you get your API Key, copy it into Grow.
- In the domain field, enter the subdomain you have created for your account. Press Submit.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the reports that the Recurly/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
For the Subscriptions and Accounts reports, there is an additional field that you must choose, labeled State *. Each state is shown in the bullet point lists below, along with the description of the data they provide.
- Active: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for active subscriptions
- Canceled: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for canceled subscriptions
- Expired: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for expired subscriptions
- Future: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for future subscriptions
- In Trial: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for subscriptions in trial
- Live: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for live subscriptions
- Past Due: Plan name, state, billing information, and notes for subscriptions that are past due.
- Active: Name, company, and account details for active accounts
- Closed: Name, company, and account details for active accounts
Invoices: Account ID, invoice number, company info and invoice amounts