FreshBooks provides accounting software that makes running your small business as painless as possible, so you can spend less time on accounting and more time doing the work you love. This article will give you an overview of the Freshbooks/Grow integration.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Basic and Professional plans. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Freshbooks API URL and an Authentication Token.
- Log in to your Grow account and click Add Metric. Select Freshbooks from the list of data sources and select Connect.
- In order to connect your Freshbooks account, you’ll need an API URL and an Authentication Token.
To get your API URL and authentication token, log in to your Freshbooks account. In the upper right corner, click on My Account. On this page, click FreshBooks API. This will pull up a page with your API URL and authentication token.
- Copy these into Grow.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the endpoints offered through the Freshbooks/Grow integration, along with a description of the data each report returns.
- Categories: Category ID, Name, Parent ID
- Clients: Client ID, Name, Email, Username, Phone, Organization, Fax, Vat Name, Vat Number, Address, Language, Currency, Folder, updated, Credit, URL
- Estimates: Estimate ID, Number, Staff ID, Client ID, Contact ID, Organization, Name, Address, Status, Amount, Date, Notes, Terms, Discount, Language, Currency Code, Vat Name, Vat Number, Folder, URL, Send by Email
- Expenses: Expense ID, Category ID, Project ID, Client ID, Staff ID, Amount, Date, Notes, Status, Vendor, Tax Details, Folder Receipt, Update
- Gateways: Name, Autobill Capable, User ID
- Invoices: Invoice ID, Number, Client ID, Contact ID, Recurring ID, Organization, Name, Address, Status, Amount, Amount Outstanding, Paid, Date, Notes, Terms, Discount, Return URI, Created At, Updated, Currency, Language, Vat Name, Vat Number, Folder, Staff ID, URL, Gateways, Send by Email, Send by Snail Mail, Add Lines
- Items: Item ID, Name, Description, Unit Cost, Quantity, Inventory, Folder, Tax ID, Updated
- Languages: Code, Name
- Payments: Payment ID, Invoice ID, Date, Type, Notes, Client ID, Amount, Updated, Currency Code, From Credit, Gateway Transaction
- Projects: Staff, Project ID, Name, Description, Rate, Bill Method, Client ID, Project Manager ID, External, Contractors, Budget
- Recurring: Recurring ID, Frequency, Occurrences, Stopped, Staff ID, Prorate Days, Currency, Card Details, Gateway Name, Token, Client ID, Organization, Name, Address, Vat Name, Vat Number, Language, PO Number, Status Amount, Date, Notes, Terms, Discount, Return URI, Snail Mail, Send Email, Folder, Contact ID
- Staff: Username, Name, Email, Contact Info, Rate, Number of Logins, Sign Up Date, Address, Code, Notes, Projects, Staff ID, Current
- Tasks: Task ID, Name, Description, Billable, Rate, Updated
- Taxes: Tax ID, Name, Rate, Number, Compound, Updated
- Time Entries: All entries for time worked matching the specified date range, including time entry ID, staff ID, project ID, task ID, hours, date, notes, and billed (yes=1, no=0)