Salesforce offers social and mobile cloud technologies that help companies connect with customers, partners, and employees. The Salesforce/Grow integration enables you to get a total view of your sales funnel and your entire business while displaying current data for all of your customers.
How To Connect
First, log in to your Grow account, select ‘Settings’ under your name in the top-right corner, and select ‘Data Sources’ from the menu.
To authorize your Salesforce account, you will simply need to log in to your account. (Make sure you have pop-ups enabled.) You’ll be brought to the Salesforce login page.
Go ahead and sign in with your Salesforce credentials.
Once you press "Log In" you will be brought back to Grow.
Building a Metric
To help get you started in using Salesforce, here's a quick tutorial for building a metric that tracks the new leads by week over the last 6 months. It also briefly covers the different kinds of reports you can use to bring in Salesforce data.
Grow’s Salesforce integration is extremely robust. You have three options for pulling data into Grow: Reports, Saved Reports, or Write SOQL. Each one of these then further provides a myriad of possibilities to pull data in.
Reports will bring in the most unfiltered data from Salesforce. In addition to standard Salesforce reports, Grow can pull in any other tables your account is connected to in Salesforce, making the integration very dynamic.
The following list shows the standard reports in Salesforce, along with some of the standard fields each report provides. The Salesforce/Grow integration also offers other sub-types of these reports as well as any other custom reports or fields you have set up in your Salesforce account.
- Task Fields: Assigned To, Call Duration, Call Object Identifier, Call Result, Call Type, Comments, Created By, Create Recurring Series of Tasks, Due Date, Email, Last Modified By, Name, Phone, Priority, Recurrence Interval, Related To, Repeat This Task, Status, Subject, Task Subtype, Type
- Events Fields: All-Day Event, Assigned To, Created By, Date, Description, Duration, Email, End, Event Subtype, Last Modified By, Location, Name, Phone, Private, Related To, Show Time As, Start, Subject, Time, Type
- Fields: Active, Actual Cost in Campaign, Actual Cost in Hierarchy, Budgeted Cost in Campaign, Budgeted Cost in Hierarchy, Campaign Member Type, Campaign Name, Campaign Owner, Contacts in Campaign, Contacts in Hierarchy, Converted Leads in Campaign, Converted Leads in Hierarchy, Created By, Description, End Date, Expected Response (%), Expected Revenue in Campaign, Expected Revenue in Hierarchy, Last Modified By, Leads in Campaign, Leads in Hierarchy, Num Sent in Campaign, Num Sent in Hierarchy, Opportunities in Campaign, Opportunities in Hierarchy, Parent Campaign, Responses in Campaign, Responses in Hierarchy, Start Date, Status, Type, Value, Opportunities in Campaign, Value Opportunities in Hierarchy, Value Won Opportunities in Campaign, Value Won Opportunities in Hierarchy, Won Opportunities in Campaign, Won Opportunities in Hierarchy
- Fields: Address, Annual Revenue, Campaign, Company, Created By, Data.com Key, Description, Do Not Call, Email, Email Opt Out, Fax, Fax Opt Out, Industry, Last, Modified By, Last Transfer Date, Lead Owner, Lead Source, Lead Status, Mobile, Name, Salutation, First Name, Last Name, No. of Employees, Phone, Rating, Title, Website
- Fields: Account Name, Account Number, Account Owner, Account Site, Account Source, Annual Revenue, Billing Address, Created By, Data.com Key, Description, Employees, Fax, Industry, Last Modified By, Ownership, Parent Account, Phone, Rating, Shipping Address, SIC Code, SIC Description, Ticker Symbol, Type, Website
- Fields: Account Name, Assistant, Asst. Phone, Birthdate, Contact Owner, Created By, Data.com Key, Department, Description, Do Not Call, Email, Email Opt Out, Fax, Fax Opt Out, Home Phone, Last Modified By, Last Stay-in-Touch Request Date, Last Stay-in-Touch Save Date, Lead Source, Mailing Address, Mobile, Name, Salutation, First Name, Last Name, Other Address, Other Phone, Phone, Reports To, Title
- Fields: Account Name, Amount, Close Date, Contract, Created By, Description, Expected Revenue, Forecast Category, Last Modified By, Lead Source, Next Step, Opportunity Name, Opportunity Owner, Price Book, Primary Campaign Source, Private, Probability (%), Quantity, Stage, Synced Quote, Type
REPORT: Opportunity Product
- Fields: Created By, Date, Discount, Last Modified By, Line Description, List Price, Opportunity, Product, Product Code, Quantity, Sales Price, Subtotal, Total Price
- Fields: Account Name, Additional To, Additional To Name, Bill To, Bill To Name, Contact Name, Contract, Created By, Description, Discount, Email, Expiration Date, Fax, Grand Total, Last Modified By, Line Items, Opportunity Name, Phone, Quote Name, Quote Number, Quote To, Quote To Name, Shipping and Handling, Ship To, Ship To Name, Status, Subtotal, Syncing, Tax, Total Price
REPORT: Quote Line Items
- Fields: Created By, Date, Discount, Last Modified By, Line Item Description, Line Item Number, List Price, Product, Product Code, Quantity, Quote Name, Sales Price, Subtotal, Total Price
REPORT: Social Persona
- Fields: Are we following, Bio, Blacklisted, Created By, Followers, Following, Is following us, Klout Rating, Last Modified By, Listed Count, Number Of Friends, Number Of Tweets, Parent, Profile Type, Profile URL, Provider External Picture URL, Radian6 Media Provider, Radian6 Media Type, Radian6 Source Id, Radian6 User Id, Real Name, Social Handle, Social Network, Social Persona Provider External Id, Source App, Topic Type
REPORT: Social Posts
- Fields: Analyzer Score, Assigned To, Attachment Type, Attachment URL, Classification, Comment Count, Content, Content Clipping, Created By, Deleted By, Engagement Level, External Post Id, Harvest Date, Headline, Inbound Link Count, In Reply To, Is Outbound, Keyword Group Name, Language, Last Modified By, Liked By, Likes and Votes, Managed Social Account, Message Type, Name, Owner, Parent, Posted Date, Post Priority, Post Tags, Post URL, Radian6 Media Provider, Radian6 Media Type, Radian6 Post Id, Radian6 Source Id, Radian6 Topic Id, Recipient, Recipient Type, Response Context, Reviewed Status, Review Scale, Review Score, Sentiment, Shares, Social Handle, Social Network, Social Persona, Source Tags, Spam Rating, Status, Status Message, Thread Size, Topic Profile Name, Topic Type, Unique Commentors, View Count, Who
- Fields: Account Name, Asset, Business Hours, Case Number, Case Origin, Case Owner, Case Reason, Case Source, Closed When Created, Contact Email, Contact Fax, Contact Mobile, Contact Name, Contact Phone, Created By, Date/Time Closed, Date/Time Opened, Description, Escalated, Internal Comments, Last Modified By, Parent, Case, Priority, Status, Subject, Type, Web Company, Web Email, Web Name, Web Phone
- Fields: Account Name, Activated By, Activated Date, Billing Address, Company Signed By, Company Signed Date, Contract End Date, Contract Name, Contract Number, Contract Owner, Contract Start Date, Contract Term (months), Created By, Customer Signed By, Customer Signed Date, Customer Signed Title, Description, Last Modified By, Owner Expiration Notice, Price Book, Shipping Address, Special Terms, Status
- Fields: Account Name, Account Number, Activated By, Activated Date, Billing Address, Bill To Contact, Company Authorized By, Company Authorized Date, Contract End Date, Contract Name, Contract Number, Created By, Customer Authorized By, Customer Authorized Date, Description, Last Modified By, Opportunity, Order Amount, Order End Date, Order Name, Order Number, Order Owner, Order Reference Number, Order Start Date, Order Type, Original Order, PO Date, PO Number, Quote, Reduction Order, Shipping Address, Ship To Contact, Status
- Fields: Created By, Last Modified By, Public, Solution Details, Solution Number, Solution Title, Status, Visible in Public Knowledge Base
- Fields: Active, Created By, Display URL, External Data Source, External ID, Last Modified By, Product Code, Product Description, Product Family, Product Name, Quantity Unit Of Measure
REPORT: Price Books
- Fields: Active, Created By, Description, Is Standard Price Book, Last Modified By, Price Book Name
REPORT: Price Book Entries
- Fields: Active, Created By, Last Modified By, List Price, Price Book, Product, Product Code, Standard Price, Use Standard Price
- Fields: Active, Badge Name, Company Badge, Created By, Created Date, Description, Given Badge Count, Image URL, Last Modified By, Last Modified Date, Limit Number, Limit Per User, Limit Start Date, Owner Name
REPORT: Badges Received
- Fields: Badge, Badge Received Name, Created By, Created Date, Description, Given by, Image, Last Modified By, Last Modified Date, Recipient, Source
- Fields: Created By, Feed Item, Given by, Last Modified By, Message, Owner Name
- Fields: Account, Asset Name, Competitor Asset, Contact, Created By, Description, Install Date, Last Modified By, Parent Asset, Price, Product, Product Code, Product Description, Product Family, Purchase Date, Quantity, Root Asset, Serial Number, Status, Usage End Date
- Fields: About Me, Active, Address, Admin Info Emails, Alias, Allow Forecasting, Call Center, Cell, Chatter Email Highlights Frequency, Company Name, Contact, Default Notification Frequency when Joining Groups, Delegated Approver, Department, Division, Email, Email Encoding, Email Sender Address, Email Sender Name, Email Signature, Employee Number, End of Day, Extension, Fax, Hourly Login Limit, IDE Workspace, Info Emails, Internal Subtype, Is Controlled By System, Language, Locale, Manager, Name, Nickname, Phone, Profile, Role, SAML Federation ID, Start of Day, Stay-in-Touch Email Note, Stay-in-Touch Email Signature, Stay-in-Touch Email Subject, Time Zone, Title, Username
REPORT: Content Version
- Fields: Description, File Type, Language, Owner, Prevent others from sharing and unsharing, Tags, Title
REPORT: Email Messages
- Fields: BCC Address, CC Address, Created By, Created Date, From, From Address, From Name, Has Attachment, Headers, HTML Body, Is Externally Visible, Is Incoming, Last Modified By, Last Modified Date, Message Date, Message Size, Parent Case, Related To, Status, Subject, Text Body, To Addres.
FAQ’s + Tips & Tricks:
Saved Report Size Limits
Salesforce places a limit on the size of some of its reports, depending on your plan and edition of Salesforce. If you are using Salesforce Lightning, Salesforce limits reports to 2000 rows. If you want to view more details, they suggest exporting to Excel or using a printable view for tabular and summary reports.
To get around the 2,000-row limit, there are two options:
- Bring in the data using SOQL instead of using a saved report.
- Create your saved report using the Salesforce Classic view.
You can also reference Salesforce’s documentation here.
Salesforce vs. Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Grow offers integrations to both Salesforce as well as Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Salesforce offers CRM technologies, allowing companies to manage their customer relations as well as to manage and prioritize tasks and events. Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a digital marketing platform.
Writing SOQL is an option for those who know how to use Salesforce Object Query Language. For those who know how to write SOQL, it can be helpful in filtering critical data from a Salesforce report or combining multiple Salesforce reports. If you want to learn how to write SOQL, Salesforce provides an introduction here.
Creating a SOQL Statement with Dataloader.io
If you are hitting the 2,000-row limit with saved reports and writing a SOQL query seems daunting, you can use the Dataloader.io service to create a query you can use in Grow. You can use the free version of the service to create a SOQL query.
- Sign into Dataloader with your Salesforce credentials.
- Click on "New Task" at the top left, and select "Export".
- Select the object you want to use for your report and click "Next" at the bottom right.
- Select the fields you want to bring in, and add any filters and a field to order by (optional).
- Expand the "SOQL Query" section to see the full query.
- Copy that query to use in Grow.
- In Grow, add a new report to a metric, select Salesforce as the data source and choose the "Write SOQL" report type.
- Paste in the SOQL query you created in Dataloader and click "Get Data".
Here is a brief video that goes through this process of creating a SOQL query:
Salesforce Edition to use Grow.
In order to access Salesforce in Grow, your organization must be on the Enterprise tier in Salesforce. If you have the Professional Edition and need API access, you will need to contact your Salesforce Account Executive to log a case with Salesforce support. They will enable it for an additional cost.
Removing the Footer info from Salesforce Reports
Sometimes when you use a saved report or an export from a Salesforce report, you will end up with a footer with information about the report name and when the data was exported, like below:
You could remove this information from the first column by filtering out blanks from Column B or something like that, but you can change a setting within Salesforce to stop it from appearing in reports.
To do this, start at Setup, click , then select Export Reports Without Footers.