Netsuite is a cloud-based business management software that helps manage customer relations, banking finances and company operations.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need to obtain a separate user license for Grow, your Netsuite credentials, account ID, security questions and answers, and your Netsuite data center.
Here are the steps to connect your Netsuite account to Grow:
- NetSuite needs a separate user just for Grow. You can find out more about why below in the FAQ + Tips and Tricks section.
- NOTE: While you are logged in to Grow, you can't be logged in to NetSuite at the same time. Otherwise, Grow will return an error about permissions.
- Log in to your Grow account and click Add Metric. Select NetSuite from the list of data sources, then select Connect.
- To connect your NetSuite account, you will need to have your NetSuite credentials, account ID, security questions and answers, and your NetSuite data center.
- To get your account ID, log in to your NetSuite account. Once you have logged in, click on Setup, then select Integration. Go to Web Services Preferences and make sure they are enabled.
- If your Web Services Preferences are not enabled, you will get an error related to Permission Violations and Set up Web Services.
- The admin on your account in NetSuite can enable Web Services Preferences for you by doing the following steps.
- First, click Setup, then navigate to Company and select Enable Features. Once there, click the SuiteCloud subtab.
- On this page, make sure that the Web Services box is checked. Check it if it is not. When you are done, be sure to press Save.
- Once web services is enabled, you will see your Account ID. Go ahead and copy it.
- If you've forgotten your NetSuite Security Questions, log in to your NetSuite account, go to Settings, then Update Security Questions.
- The Grow-Netsuite connection requires everything be typed in exactly as it was in Netsuite including punctuation and capitalization.
- The data center that services your NetSuite account can be located by viewing the URL when logged into your NetSuite account. The data center name is "na1, "na2", and so on.
- Once you have all of this information, enter it into Grow's authorization page and press Submit.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the endpoints that the Netsuite/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- Saved Search Export - (Transaction): Provides details such as date/period, name, account information, amount charged about transactions on generic Netsuite saved searches
- Saved Search Export - (Customer): Provides details such as name, account information, and contact information about customers on generic Netsuite saved searches
- Saved Search Export: Provides details from your custom saved searches.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Exact Security Questions
Netsuite uses an older form of security which requires entering the exact answers to your security questions. If you don’t have it exact, including capitalization and punctuation, it will not work.
Differences Between the Three Report Types
When you select the endpoints Saved Search Export - (Transaction) and Saved Search Export - (Customer), another field will open up with a list of saved searches that you created from a Netsuite template. On the other hand, the endpoint Saved Search Export will let you connect to a custom search you have created in Netsuite.
Netsuite Requires a Separate User
Netsuite requires a separate user which Grow will use to access your data. This is usually not a problem as most Netsuite users have unused limited access users.
Custom Saved Searches
Using Netsuite's custom Saved Searches is the easiest way to call your Netsuite reports in Grow. In to your Netsuite account find the Saved Search that you want to pull and copy the ID for the search. Sign into Grow and navigate into the Netsuite connection. From the Select NetSuite Report dropdown, choose Saved Search Export. In the field labeled "Enter in your saved search id," go ahead and paste the Saved Search ID.
Altering a Role in Netsuite to Allow it to Connect to Grow
The Netsuite account connected in Grow currently requires a role that does not enforce 2-factor authentication. Netsuite has enforced the requirement of 2-factor authentication for any with one or more of the following permissions; Access Token Management (for Token-based Authentication), Two-Factor Authentication, Two-Factor Authentication base, Set Up OpenID Single Sign-On, Set Up SAML Single Sign-On, Integration Application, or Device ID Management.
The standard roles that require 2-factor authentication include Administrator, Marketing Administrator, Sales Administrator, Support Administrator, and System Administrator.
To add or remove a role assigned to a user, go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Users. The Manage Users page lists all users by name, with their email addresses and default roles. Click a user name to open his or her record. You can then click the Edit button in the record to make changes. Next, click the Access tab and you will now see all of the roles the user currently has assigned to them. You can remove these rolls and/or add additional roles to the user. Click save and you have now successfully edited the role(s) assigned to that user. Finally, log into the user's Netsuite account to which the new role was added or removed. Click on the name in the top right corner and you will only see the roles the user has access to. Select the appropriate role and that is it. You have now successfully changed the role of that user.