NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
Insightly’s powerful CRM is simple and affordable enough for small businesses to effectively manage lifelong customer relationships, while also providing the robust capabilities and flexibility required by enterprise companies. This article will give you an overview of the Insightly/Grow integration.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Insightly API key.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on "Connections" in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Insightly.
- Click on the Insightly logo.
- You will need your API key to connect your Insightly account to Grow.
- To get your Insightly API key, login to Insightly. Click on your profile icon in the upper right-hand corner, then select User Settings.
- From the User Settings page, select User Settings from the side menu bar.
- Once you are on this page, scroll down to the bottom of the page. You’ll find your API key there. Go ahead and copy the key.
- Come back to Grow and paste the key into the API Key field.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the reports that the Insightly/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of the data each endpoint returns.
- Contacts: All contacts, including contact ID, salutation, name, address, background, image, created date, updated date, owner name, visible to, object tags, custom fields, etc.
- Leads: All leads, including lead ID, salutation, title, name, organization, phone, mobile, email, URL, created date, converted, converted date, opportunity ID, visible to, industry, employee count, lead rating and description, lead owner name, lead status, lead source, etc.
- Opportunities: All opportunities, including opportunity ID and name, probability, bid amount and type, close date, opportunity state, created date, visible to, custom fields, opportunity owner ID and name, category, pipeline, stage, etc.
- Organization: All organizations, including organization ID and name, created date, visible to, visibility details, address details, owner name, custom fields, etc.
- Pipelines: Pipeline ID, Pipeline name, For opportunities, For Projects, Owner user ID
- Pipeline Stages: Stage ID, Pipeline ID, Stage name, Stage order, Activity set ID, Owner user ID
- Projects: Project ID, Project name, Status, Project details, Started date, Completed date, Opportunity ID, Category ID, Pipeline ID, Stage ID, Owner user ID, Date created, Date updated, Last activity date, and custom fields
- Tasks: Task ID, Title, Category ID, Due date, Completed date, Completed status, Details, Priority, Percent complete, Start date, Milestone ID, User ID, etc.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Custom fields are defined in Insightly by the account admin. They are brought through the API by the Field Name, not the Field Label.