Freshdesk’s cloud-based customer support software enables companies of all sizes to support customers through email, chat, phone, mobile apps, websites, forums, and social media channels. The Freshdesk/Grow integration provides a means to visualize this data in a meaningful way, allowing you to make actionable decisions for your company and customers.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your API Key and Freshdesk Domain
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on "Connections" in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Freshdesk.
- Click on the Freshdesk logo.
- You will need your API Key and Freshdesk Domain.
- The Domain is whatever your team’s subdomain is. It is the portion of your URL before .freshdesk.com/.
- To find your API Key, log in to your Freshdesk account. Click on your profile picture, then go to Profile settings.
- On the right-hand panel, underneath the Change Password section, you’ll find the section labeled “Your API Key.” Your API key will be shown underneath it. You also have a button to reset your API key and get a new one.
- Note: If you reset your API key, you will need to re-authenticate to Grow using the updated API key.
- Copy this along with your Freshdesk domain into Grow, then press the blue Submit button.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Freshdesk provides one endpoint through which you can filter the data. Below is a description of the endpoint and its filters.
Report: List Tickets
- Filter: None. This includes forwarded, replied, and CCed emails, priority, source, status, subject, and description of emails, among other ticket information.
- Filter: New and My Open. This includes forwarded, replied, and CCed emails, priority, source, status, subject, and description of emails, among other information and stats about tickets that are new or open.
- Filter: Watching. This includes forwarded, replied, and CCed emails, priority, source, status, and subject of a ticket, product information, and custom fields among other stats and information about tickets you are watching.
- Filter: Spam. This includes emails, escalation, subject, and created, updated, and resolved times, among other information for spam emails.
- Filter: Deleted. This includes identifiers, source, status, subject, and description of emails, and created, updated, deleted and resolved times for tickets and emails, among other information about deleted tickets and emails.
FAQS + Tips and Tricks
Freshdesk applies certain rate limits based on your version and your plan. If you are using V1 for Freshdesk, the limit is 1000 calls/hour. For V2, the rate limits depend on the plan you are using. You can learn more on Freshdesk’s website here.