Connecting to your Oracle database? Here is an overview of the Oracle/Grow integration.
NOTE: We are no longer actively supporting this integration as of April 2019. If you have previously authenticated this data source, it will still appear in the list of your data sources. We will not be improving this integration further.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need to obtain your Oracle host, port, database name and login information. Additionally, you will need to Whitelist these IP addresses before connecting your account.
- Log into your Grow account, then press Add Metric.
- Navigate to the Oracle and select it. Click Connect.
- A pop up window will appear. If it doesn’t check your pop up blocker and allow pop ups from Grow. We promise to not abuse this privilege.
- Type in a Connection Nickname, this can be anything and will be what shows up in the auth menu when you build future metrics from this connection.
- Type in the Host, Port, Database Name, Username and Password.
- Click Submit.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Instead of having set endpoints that you can pull from, Oracle lets you pull in the files you have stored in your database. Whenever the data in your database is updated, your metrics will automatically update to reflect the change.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
You’ll need to write your own SQL queries.
Since every database is different, we rely on your knowledge and understanding of your database to pull back the data you want.