Manage and analyze all your structured and semi-structured data quickly and reliably with a connection to your Vertica account
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Before starting, please collect database host, port, database name, read only username and password. Additionally please whitelist these IP addresses.
- Log into your Grow account, then press Add Metric.
- Navigate to the HP Vertica Icon and select it. Click Connect.
- A pop up window will appear. If it doesn’t check your pop up blocker and allow pop ups from Grow. We promise to not abuse this privilege.
- Type in a Connection Nickname, this can be anything and will be what shows up in the auth menu when you build future metrics from this connection.
- Type in the Host, Port, Database Name, Username and Password.
- Click Submit.
And that's it! You are good to go.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Why is my connection returning a ETIMEOUT error?
This usually means that the IP addresses are not yet whitelisted, or the host, port, database name, or login creds are incorrect. Double check and try again.
Why is my query taking a long time to load?
If you know that your query is going to return a large amount of data we recommend trying to limit the time range and filter the data as much as possible by using a summary query.