NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
Manage and analyze all your structured and semi-structured data quickly and reliably with a connection to your Vertica account
How to Connect
Before starting, please collect database host, port, database name, read only username and password. Additionally please whitelist these IP addresses.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on "Connections" in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Vertica.
- Click on the Vertica logo.
- A pop up window will appear. If it doesn’t check your pop up blocker and allow pop ups from Grow. We promise to not abuse this privilege.
- Type in a Connection Nickname, this can be anything and will be what shows up in the auth menu when you build future metrics from this connection.
- Type in the Host, Port, Database Name, Username and Password.
- Click Submit.
And that's it! You are good to go.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
How can I make sure my data is secure?
We have several items in place to keep your data safe. Check out our security article to see what steps you can take to keep control of your data.
Why is my connection returning a ETIMEOUT error?
This usually means that the IP addresses are not yet whitelisted, or the host, port, database name, or login creds are incorrect. Double check and try again.
Why is my query taking a long time to load?
If you know that your query is going to return a large amount of data we recommend trying to limit the time range and filter the data as much as possible by using a summary query.