NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) provides developers and IT teams with secure, durable, and highly-scalable cloud storage.
Contents in this Article:
How to Connect
Before you get started, you will need to obtain your Amazon S3 Access Key ID, Secret Access Key, and Bucket (optional).
Here are the steps to connect your Amazon S3 account to Grow:
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on "Connections" in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Amazon S3.
- Click on the Amazon S3 logo.
- To connect your Amazon S3 account, you will need to enter your Connection Name, Access Key ID, Secret Access Key, and Bucket (which is optional)
- For the Connection Name field, enter a name that you want Grow to remember. The name you enter is what your connection will be called after you press Submit.
- In Amazon, you’ll need to create an IAM user in your AWS account. You can find instructions here on their help documentation.
- When you create the new user, you will need to create credentials for this user, which includes an Access Key ID and a Secret Access Key. Copy these values into Grow.
- NOTE: Before you finish creating the user, you will only have one chance to view the Access Key ID and secret access keys. You can click “Download .csv” to save the file with the keys if you need to see it later. After you have passed this step, you will not be able to see the access keys again.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Amazon S3 is an integration similar to FTP/SFTP in that it has no set endpoints. Instead, when you connect to Amazon S3, you will be able to pull in the folders and reports you have saved there. Any time your files in Amazon S3 are updated, Grow will automatically update the metrics built on them.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
How can I make sure my data is secure?
We have several controls in place to keep your data safe. Check out our security article to see what steps you can take to keep your data safe.
How do I prepare my spreadsheets to use in Grow?
It's important to make sure your spreadsheets are formatted appropriately so you can easily use them in Grow. We strongly recommend you consult this help article for tips to prepare your spreadsheets.
How can I set permissions for a specific bucket?
If you want to isolate permissions to a specific bucket, you can create and attach this policy to your IAM user. Where it says YOUR_BUCKET_NAME_HERE, you would insert the name of the bucket.