QuickBase is an application platform that allows customizable apps, clear reports, and smooth task management and data flow between team members. QuickBase has a library of purpose-built apps to support business functions for teams.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Quickbase realm name, your Quickbase credentials, and your Quickbase app token.
- Log in to your Grow account. Press Add Metric, then select QuickBase from the list of data sources. Select Connect.
- To connect your account, you will need your Quickbase realm name, your Quickbase credentials, and your Quickbase app token.
- Your realm name is the portion of your organization’s URL that comes before .quickbase.com.
- To find your app token, log in to your QuickBase account. Navigate to your app and click on the Settings link.
- Once you are in Settings, click on App Properties in the Basic section.
- On the App Properties page, you will need to scroll down until you see the Advanced Settings section. Under Security Options in this section, make sure “Require Application Tokens” is checked, then click on the Manage Application Token link.
- This will bring you to a page where you can create and manage your application tokens. Go ahead and copy the app token for your app.
- Finally, come back to Grow, and enter your realm name and your credentials, and paste the app token into Grow.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Only Common Reports in QuickBase can be linked in Grow. Access to Common Reports is moderated by an application manager. If you do not have permission to create Common Reports, you will need to ask the application manager to grant you access.
Application managers can view this setting by going to “Modify Settings” and selecting “Access.” The administrator will be able to see the people with access to each QuickBase app and the roles each person has to create and view different types of reports. Under the Common Report column, the check mark should be green. If the check mark is grayed out, the administrator can click it to enable access to these reports. Below is the administrator’s view of all the users in the app.
FAQS + Trip and Trick
Creating a Common Report
To create a common report in QuickBase you have to save a new copy with the proper settings. There is unfortunately no way to just set an existing report to common. To save a new copy, open the report you want to pull into Grow, then click “Customize this Report.”
Three options should appear in the header: Save, Display, and Cancel. Click the drop-down arrow for the Save button, and click “Save as.” In the “Save report as” window that appears, name the report. In the “This report is” section, be sure that the radio button next to “Common (others can view it)” is selected. The report will show up in your list of reports as a Common Report and will be accessible to Grow.
You can then delete the original report in QuickBase. You don't have to do this, but it helps to keep your report list clean. To delete the report, click on your profile in the upper right hand corner, then select “My personal settings in this app.”
When the page pulls up, select “My reports and charts” in the left-hand panel. This will show all of your reports with “Mine” access. In a column on the right, you should see red “X” marks. Clicking the X will delete the report.