Shipstation is a web-based shipping solution that streamlines order fulfillment for your online business. This article will give you an overview of the Shipstation/Grow integration.
How to Connect
Before starting, please collect your Dropbox username (email address) and password.
Log in to Grow and select ‘Settings’ under your name in the top-right corner
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. Then click on "Connections" in the Data Library section.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button, search for Shipstation, and click on the logo.
- On the new pop-up screen, you’ll need to enter your connection nickname, API key, and API secret
- For API Key and API Secret, from your Shipstation account, select the gear icon in the top right corner
- Select API Settings from your Account heading
- Select “Generate New API Keys” and copy the API Key and APi Secret
- And that’s it!
Below is a list of the endpoints that the Grow/Shipstation integration offers, along with a description of the data each report provides.
- List of Orders: All orders matching the specified date range, including order ID, number, order date, created date, payment date, ship by date, status, customer ID, customer username, order total, amount paid, shipping amount, notes, payment method, carrier code, confirmation, ship date, hold until date, package details, insured value, tag IDs, user ID, item count, etc.
- Order Line Items: The items listed in each order, including name, picture, weight, price, product ID, and SKU.
- List of Products: All products, including product ID, SKU, name, price, cost, product category, product type, warehouse location, package code, customs info, country code, tags, etc.
- List of Customers: All customers, including customer ID, created date, modified date, name, company, contact info, and address.
- List of Shipments: All shipments matching the specified date range, including shipment ID, order key, contact info, order number, created date, ship date, shipment cost, insurance cost, tracking number, batch number, carrier code, confirmation, warehouse ID, item count, etc.
- Shipment Line Items: The items listed in each shipment, including name, picture, weight, price, product ID, and SKU.
- List of Carriers: All shipping partners, including name, code, account number, requires funded account (true/false), balance, nickname, shipping provider ID, and primary (true/false).
- List of Packages: All packages assigned to a specified carrier, including carrier code, package code, name, domestic (true/false), and international (true/false).
- List of Stores: All installed stores on your account, including ID, name, marketplace ID and name, account name, email, integration URL, active (true/false), company name, phone, public Email, website, refresh date, last refresh attempt, created date, modify date, and auto refresh (true/false).
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Shipstation has set specific rate limits in order to "ensure consistent application performance and increased scalability." The current Rate limit for each set of the API Key and Secret is 40 requests per minute. Once you have reached the limit for the minute, you won't be able to make more requests until the time resets at the beginning of the next 60 seconds.