Egnyte makes it easy to manage, share, and collaborate on files from any device. This article will give you an overview of the Egnyte/Grow integration.
NOTE: We are no longer actively supporting this integration as of March 1, 2020. If you have previously authenticated this data source, it will still appear in the list of your data sources. We will not be improving this integration further.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Egnyte login credentials and subdomain.
- Log in to your Grow account and click Add Metric. You will need to authenticate your Egnyte account before you can build metrics.
- To do this, you will first enter your subdomain for your Egnyte account. This is the portion of your Egnyte web page that comes before .egnyte.com .
- Once you've done this, you'll be asked to sign in to your Egnyte account. Go ahead and enter your Egnyte username or email address.
- After you enter your email, you will be brought to a page where you can enter your password. Once you have done that, you will need to give Grow permission to access your Egnyte account. Go ahead and click Allow Access.
- After you’ve done that, you’ll be brought back to Grow.
And that's it! You are good to go.
Egnyte is somewhat of a unique integration in that there are no set endpoints to pull from. Instead, when you connect to Egnyte, you will be able to pull in the folders and reports you have saved there. Each time your reports update in Egnyte, Grow will automatically update your metrics accordingly.
FAQS + Tips and Tricks
One sheet per dataset
For Excel-based files, you can select 1 sheet at a time. So if you have an Excel doc with multiple sheets, you will need to create a dataset for each sheet.
Uniquely Named Headers
If there isn’t a unique column header in your chart, we can’t correctly add the data to your dataset. Make sure your sheets are formatted correctly.
File Size Limits
Most files must be smaller than 15 MB in order to successfully pull them into Grow. Under some extenuating circumstances, our support teams can make exceptions for Egnyte files up to 50 MB.
Supported File Formats
XLS, XLSX, XLSM, and CSV. If you're looking to use JSON or XML files, Grow can pull those in, but we suggest converting to a CSV first.