NOTE: We are no longer actively supporting this integration. If you have previously authenticated this data source, it will still appear in the list of your data sources. We will not be improving this integration further.
Pardot is Salesforce-owned marketing automation software that provides agile B2B solutions designed to boost marketing productivity and increase sales revenue. This article will give you an overview of what the Pardot/Grow integration offers you.
How to Connect
Before getting started you will need your Pardot username, password, and user key.
- Log in to your Grow account and click Add Metric. Select Pardot from the list of data sources, then press the Connect button.
- To connect your Pardot account, you will need your Pardot username, password, and user key.
- To get your user key, log in to Pardot with your admin account. In the left-hand menu, go to the Admin tab, then down to User management. Click on Users from the sub-menu that pulls up.
- Once you pull up the page of users, click on the administrator’s first name to bring up their page.
- You will find the API User Key underneath the Contents header on this page. Go ahead and copy this key.
- Paste the key into Grow, along with your Pardot username and password, then press the blue Submit button.
And that’s it! You are good to go.
Below is a list of the reports that the Pardot/Grow integration provides, along with a short description of each.
- Account: All account data, including ID, company, account level, website, contact info, territory, etc.
- Campaigns: All campaign data, including created date, name, ID, and cost.
- Email Clicks: All email clicks, including created date, email ID, drip program action ID, list email ID, email template ID, etc.
- Forms: All forms created in the Pardot account, including created date, form ID, campaign name, campaign ID, embed code, etc.
- Lifecycle Histories: All lifecycle histories, including created date, history ID, prospect ID, previous stage ID, next stage ID, seconds elapsed, etc.
- Lifecycle Stages: All lifecycle stages, including stage name, position, and is locked (true/false).
- Lists: All lists created in the Pardot account, including list ID, list name, is public (true/false), is dynamic (true/false), title, description, etc.
- List Memberships: All list memberships, including created date, deleted (true/false), membership ID, list ID, prospect ID, opted out (true/false), etc.
- Opportunities: All opportunities, including created date, opportunity ID, probability, prospect email, prospect ID, campaign name and ID, opportunity activities, etc.
- Prospects: All prospects, including created date, assigned (true/false), assigned to user, deleted (true/false), grade, prospect ID, last activity, list ID, new (true/false), score, visitors, visitor activity, etc.
- Prospect Accounts: All prospect accounts, including created date, account ID, account name, etc.
- Tags: All tags created in the Pardot account, including created date, tag ID, tag name, and updated date.
- Tag Objects: All tag objects, including created date, ID, object ID, tag ID, and type.
- Users: All users created in the Pardot account, including created date, updated date, user ID, email, first and last name, job title, and role.
- Visitors: All visitors, including created date, visitor ID, page view count, ip address, campaign parameter, source parameter, content parameter, etc.
- Visitor Activities: All visitor activities, including created date, activity ID, prospect ID, visitor ID, type id and name, details, email ID, email template, form, landing page, page view ID, campaign, etc.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Matching the "Conversions" report from Pardot
If you want to get the same numbers as the "Conversions" report in Pardot, pull in the "Prospects" report and filter on the
last_activity_date field to remove any null values. To do this, use the Filter transform and select the
last_activity_date column and "is not blank" as the criteria.
Pardot Pro or Pardot Ultimate is Required
In order to connect your Pardot account in Grow, Pardot requires that you be on a Pro or Ultimate plan. This is because only the Pro and Ultimate plans allow API access.
API Call Limits by Plan Level
According to Pardot’s documentation, the Professional edition accounts have a limit of 25k calls per day, and Ultimate edition accounts have a limit of 100k calls per day.