Constant Contact email marketing software makes it easy for businesses to grow their contact lists and send customized emails and campaigns. This article will give you an overview of the Grow/Constant Contact integration.
NOTE: Constant Contact is only available as a warehoused data source.
Contents in This Article
- How to Connect
- Data Warehouse
- API Documentation
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need your Constant Contact username and password.
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. You will be brought to your Data Connections.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Constant Contact.
- Click on the Constant Contact logo.
- A window will pop up to log in with your Constant Contact credentials. After entering your credentials you will see a green confirmation message that the connection has been made.
Constant Contact is on the Grow Data Warehouse, which we highly recommend you use. For more information about warehousing your data, visit the Data Warehouse Help Article.
Below is a list of the reports that the Constant Contact integration offers, along with a description of each report.
- Campaigns: id, name, status, modified_date, subject, from_name, from_email, reply_to_email, template_type, created_date, is_permission_reminder_enabled, permission_reminder_text, is_view_as_webpage_enabled, view_as_web_page_text, view_as_web_page_link_text, greeting_salutations, greeting_name, greeting_string, message_footer.city, message_footer.state, message_footer.country, message_footer.organization_name, message_footer.address_line_1, message_footer.address_line_2, message_footer.address_line_3, message_footer.international_state, message_footer.postal_code, message_footer.include_forward_email, message_footer.include_subscribe_link, tracking_summary.sends, tracking_summary.opens, tracking_summary.clicks, tracking_summary.forwards, tracking_summary.unsubscribes, tracking_summary.bounces, tracking_summary.spam_count, sent_to_contact_lists
- Contacts (Formatted): id, status, fax, confirmed, source, prefix_name, first_name, middle_name, last_name, job_title, company_name, home_phone, work_phone, cell_phone, created_date, modified_date, source_details
- Contact - Addresses: contact_id, address_id, line1, line2, line3, city, state, state_code, country_code, postal_code, sub_postal_code
- Contact - Notes: contact_id, note_id, note, created_date, modified_date
- Contact - Lists: contact_id, note_id, note, created_date, modified_date
- Contact - Email Addresses: contact_id, email_id, status, confirm_status, opt_in_date, email_address
- Contact - Custom Fields: contact_id, name, label, value
- Events: id, name, title, status, type, description, start_date, end_date, created_date, total_registered_count, time_zone_id, active_date, is_checkin_available, event_detail_url, location, city, state, country, latitude, longitude, line1, state_code, country_code, postal_code
- Lists: id, name, status, created_date, modified_date, contact_count
How to Warehouse your Data
- Starting with the Connections Overview Page, navigate to your Constant Contact connection and click on it to open the Connection Details page.
- Select the “Manage Connection” button inside the Connection Details section to open the warehouse table selection flow.
- If your data source isn't already connected, refer to the How to Connect section of this article for more details. If your data source is already connected, you can immediately select which tables of data you want to warehouse.
- Once you have finished selecting the data that you want stored in Grow’s Data Warehouse, click the “Sync & Store” button at the bottom of the Manage Connection page. This will begin the initial population of your warehouse with the tables you defined. Populating your data warehouse for the first time may take a while, even up to several hours.
- While your data is "In Queue" or "Processing", you may continue working within the app.
The default sync interval is 12 hours per table for the following tables:
When incremental sync is available, the default incremental sync interval is 1 hour, while the default full sync interval is 1 week.
Incremental sync is enabled for the following tables:
To learn more about sync intervals and how to adjust the default settings, please visit this section of the Data Warehouse help article.
This is for reference only; you should not need to consult these to use the connection in Grow.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
All date and timestamps are stored in UTC. If account timezone settings are set in Grow, these times will adjust accordingly. For more information, visit this Help Center article.