NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
Note: This is the earlier version of our Facebook integration. If you are looking to add a new connection or use our most current version, check out our article for Facebook Social.
Facebook gives people, businesses, and organizations the power to share and connect with the world, and it plays a role in many companies’ strategies. With a Facebook/Grow integration, you can measure and streamline your company's impact in your social circle.
How to Connect
Before you get started you will need to obtain your Facebook login information.
Here are the steps to connect your Facebook account to Grow:
- Log into your Grow account and click on Add Metric.
- Navigate to Facebook integration, if you don’t see it in your list click on Connect Your Data.
- You will see Facebook and Facebook V2 in the Datasources list. Please look in the FAQ section for more details on what differences between these integrations.
NOTE: In order to see or select certain pages from within the Grow app, you will need to ensure that the Facebook user you are connecting with has the following permissions:
- Manage Pages
- Read Insights
- Read Ads
- Business Management
- Pages Show List
Building a Metric
To help get you started in using Facebook, here's a quick tutorial for building a metric that measures the daily reach over the past 30 days.
Below is a list of the reports you can pull from Facebook, along with a description of the data available with each report.
- Demographics about People who like your Page: List of the number of people who like your page, divided by age and gender.
- New people who have liked your Page: Number of new people who liked your page by day
- Number of people who viewed video organically: Number of people who viewed which video
- Unlikes of your Page: Number of people by day who unliked your page
- Number of stories created about your Page: Number of stories created by day, week, or 28 days
- Number of People Talking About by City: Number of people by city
- Number of People Talking About by Country: Number of people by country
- Organic Page Impressions: Number of times a post is displayed organically
- Unique Organic Page Impressions: Number of unique organic impressions
- Reach: Number of people who received impressions of a page post
- Unique Paid Page Impressions: Number of unique paid impressions
- Unique Viral Page Impressions: Number of times impressions happened in friend’s stories (including likes and comments)
- Number of people who engaged with your page: Number of people who engaged with your page
- Number of times people took a negative action: Number of negative actions on your page.
- Total People who liked by City: Number of people, grouped by city per date
- Total People who liked by Country: Number of people, grouped by country per date
- Total Page Likes: Number of page likes (total each day)
- Top referring external domains: Websites that returned the most referrals per date
- Page Views: Number of views per date
- Page Views from users logged into Facebook: Number of pageviews from users logged in to Facebook.
- Number of people who saw any Page posts: Number of views of page posts by date
- List of Page Posts: Shows post name, number of likes, and number of comments for each page post
- List of Page Videos: Shows Video name, number of comments, numbers of likes, and the date
- Page Like Sources: Number of likes from various sources by date
- Page Like Sources (Summed): Total number of like from each source
- Page Storytellers: Number of people sharing stories about your page
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
What is the difference between Facebook and Facebook V2?
Grow’s Facebook v2 integration is a more robust integration than Grow’s original Facebook integration. While they both access the same API, Facebook v2 allows you to pull data in a manner similar to Grow’s Facebook Ads integration. While the Facebook integration has specific reports and endpoints on what you can pull into Grow, Facebook v2 allows you the flexibility of having “metric categories,” then filtering further within that category.
Why is my report not including today?
Facebook's API has a few reports that do not report up to the current day. This includes: Demographics about People who like your Page, Number of People Talking About by City, Number of People Talking About by Country, Total People who liked by City, Total People who liked by Country, Page Views, Page Views from users logged into Facebook, and Page Like Sources. For these reports, the most current data Facebook's API returns is from a day or two past
I am not seeing one of my managed Facebook Pages in the list?
Double Check that you have given permission for Grow to access your data. To do this, sign in to your Facebook account. Click on the drop-down arrow in the upper right-hand corner of your page and select Settings.In the menu on the left of the page that pulls up, select Apps. Under App Settings, find the section titled Logged in with Facebook. Hover over Grow BI Dashboard, then click on the Edit Settings pencil icon that appears. Scroll down to the section titled “This App Can,” and make sure “Manage your Pages” and “Show a list of the Pages you manage” are checked. If not, check those circles, then click Save. Go ahead and try again in Grow. The list of Facebook pages you manage will appear there.
I'm not seeing the correct number for "likes" or "page_fans"
This is how the Facebook Graph Insights API works; sometimes it takes more than 24 hours for the total "likes", or "page_fans" to update. See here: https://developers.facebook.