Instagram Business is a place where visual expression from business inspires visible action from people around the world, connecting passions and immersing people visually in the brands they love. Here are a few things you can expect from the Instagram Business/Grow integration.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
Log in to your Grow account and click Add Metric. You will need to authorize your Instagram Business account before you can build a metric.
Instagram Business data operates through the Facebook API. A Facebook account is also required in order to create a business profile on Instagram, so this shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. When authorizing your Instagram Business account in Grow, just make sure that you use the credentials for the Facebook business page you originally used to create your Instagram Business account. Check out Facebook's article here on how to properly set up your Instagram Business profile.
Enter your credentials in the boxes, then click the blue Log In button, and you’re good to start building metrics with your Instagram Business data!
NOTE: if your personal Facebook account is set to stay logged in constantly, the auth window will assume that the account you’re currently logged into is the one you want to authorize. You’ll need to go to Facebook and log out of any other accounts before you can authorize a different one in Grow.
Below is a list of the reports you can pull from Instagram Business, along with a description of the fields available with each report.
- User Metrics: All user-specific statistics grouped by day for the selected date range, including period end date/time, impressions, reach, follower count, email contacts, phone call clicks, text message clicks, get directions clicks, website clicks, and profile views.
- Media Metadata: All Instagram content metadata. Select one or several of the following columns: caption, comments, comments count, ID, like count, media type, media URL, owner, permalink, shortcode, etc.
- Audience Demographics: A breakdown of all followers by gender and age groupings.
- Audience Locale: A breakdown of all followers by locale abbreviation.
- Audience Country: A breakdown of all followers by country abbreviation.
- Audience City: A breakdown of all followers by city and country.
- Photo Metrics: All interaction statistics for uploaded pictures, including engagement, impressions, reach, and saved.
- Video Metrics: All interaction statistics for uploaded videos, including engagement, impressions, reach, saved, and video views.
- Carousel Album Metrics: All interaction statistics for carousel albums, including engagement, impressions, reach, saved, and album video views.
- Story Metrics: All interaction statistics for uploaded stories, including exits, impressions, reach, replies, taps forward, and taps back.