NOTE: Certain information in this article may be missing or out of date. We are in the process of updating the content.
LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network, connecting skilled professionals worldwide to help both companies and individuals find the best fit. This article will give you an overview of the LinkedIn/Grow integration.
How to Connect
- Go to Settings > Data Sources > Click on "Connect Data Sources"
- Search for LinkedIn and click "Connect"
- A window will pop up for you to log into your LinkedIn, or if you are already logged in it will ask for permission to connect to Grow
Below is a list of all the endpoints that the LinkedIn/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- Company Details: All selected companies, with details including company type, description, number of employees, year founded, email domains, company ID, industry details, locations, URL, name, number of followers, etc.
- Followers Count: If you run the report without selecting a date range, you will get one row with your current followers. If you select a date range, you will get the net gain for your followers by day or by month.
- Status Updates: If you run this report without selecting a date range, you will get the total shares, impressions, clicks, comments, likes, etc. for your company. If you select a date range, you get that data by day or month.
- Engagement Statistics by Post: You can see how specific posts performed, including comments, likes, shares, and impressions. **You may noticed that User Generated Content (UGC) posts have
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Here are some key things you can expect with the LinkedIn integration.
- What metrics do I have access to through the API? The LinkedIn API only gives access to Company page metrics. It doesn’t allow access to personal page metrics. You can pull Company status updates historical to get impressions over time. Certain LinkedIn Ads metrics can be accessed through the LinkedIn Ads connector.
- Can I access historical data that was created prior to connecting my account to Grow? LinkedIn doesn’t allow access to some historical data, including historical reports or historical impressions over time. Unfortunately, this means it is impossible to track impressions or other metrics at any time before you connected your LinkedIn account to Grow. Grow can and will track this data going forward from the time you connect your account.
- Some of the rows in the Engagement Statistics by Post endpoints are showing blank. Does that mean I am missing data? In the case of User Generated Posts (ugcPosts), users may notice what appear to be blank rows for certain columns, such as owner, activity, edited, text.annotations, etc. Data for ugcPost items are pulled from a different API and therefore have different associated fields, which can be found by scrolling farther to the right in the report data view. To identify a ugcPost, look in the id field for items starting with the string "urn:li:ugcPost:"