LinkedIn is the world's largest professional network, connecting skilled professionals worldwide to help both companies and individuals find the best fit. This article will give you an overview of the LinkedIn/Grow integration.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
- Go to Settings > Data Sources > Click on "Connect Data Sources"
- Search for LinkedIn and click "Connect"
- A window will pop up for you to log into your LinkedIn, or if you are already logged in it will ask for permission to connect to Grow
Below is a list of all the endpoints that the LinkedIn/Grow integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- Company Details: All selected companies, with details including company type, description, number of employees, year founded, email domains, company ID, industry details, locations, URL, name, number of followers, etc.
- Followers Count: If you run the report without selecting a date range, you will get one row with your current followers. If you select a date range, you will get the net gain for your followers by day or by month.
- Status Updates: If you run this report without selecting a date range, you will get the total shares, impressions, clicks, comments, likes, etc. for your company. If you select a date range, you get that data by day or month.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Here are some key things you can expect with the LinkedIn integration.
- Limited API Data. The LinkedIn API only gives access to Company page metrics. It doesn’t allow access to LinkedIn Ads metrics, or personal page metrics. You can pull Company status updates historical to get impressions over time.
- No historical data before connecting to Grow. LinkedIn doesn’t allow access to some historical data, including historical reports or historical impressions over time. This means it is impossible to track impressions or other metrics at any time before you connected your LinkedIn account to Grow. Grow can and will track this data going forward from the time you connect your account.