Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a powerful digital marketing platform that powers your customers’ journeys across every touchpoint—email, social, mobile, and web. This article will give you an overview of the Grow/Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration.
NOTE: This data source is only available for accounts on the Professional plan. If you would like to upgrade your plan, talk to your Grow account manager or visit your account's billing page.
How to Connect
First, log in to your Grow account and press Add Metric. Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud from the list of data sources, then press the blue Connect button.
In order to connect to Salesforce Marketing Cloud /ExactTarget to Grow, you will need a "Client ID" and a "Client Secret."
To get your Client ID and Client Secret, you will need to login to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud App Center.
Salesforce has an article that describes the process. We'll give you a quick summary below.
Once you have logged in to the App Center, click the blue create a new app button at the top right of the screen, then choose API Integration.
After selecting API Integration, the first step will have you enter in a name, description, and package. These can be whatever you would like. When you're done, click next.
In step 2, choose your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account to integrate with and press Link to Account. When you link the account, an authorization box will pop up. Go ahead and log in to your account and connect them. When you've done that, click Next again.
For step 3, data access, you will need to give "Read" permissions to lists and subscribers and audiences (under ]Contacts), and under Data, data extensions and file locations. Then click Next.
This will bring you to a summary page where you can see all of the settings you've connected. Double check it, then click Finish.
You should now be able to see your client ID and client secret under the authentication and integration section of the overview page. You will also want to make note of the Authentication Target, right next to the client ID and client secret. This will come in handy when you connect to Grow.
Copy and paste your client ID and client secret into Grow. Under Instance, select the instance from your Authentication Target. Press submit, and you are ready to go!
Below is a list of the endpoints that the Grow/Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration offers, along with a short description of each.
- Campaigns: All campaigns, including created and modified dates, campaign ID, name, description, among other campaign details.
- Emails: All email templates matching the selected created date range, including client and email IDs, modified date, name, category, text body, subject, status, email type, cloned from, content, is survey, among other details.
- Sent Email: All sent emails within the selected date range, including partner name, created, modified, and send dates, bounce info, forwarded emails, unique clicks and opens, number sent and delivered, subject, among other details.
- Bounces: All bounces within the selected date range, including client ID, created/modified date, event date and type, bounce category, SMTP reason, bounce type, among other details.
- Clicks: All clicks within the selected date range, including created and modified dates, click ID, send ID, subscriber key, event date and type, and URL, among other details.
- Forwarded Email: All email forwarding events within the selected date range, including created and modified dates, send, and client IDs, partner and subscriber keys, event date and type, among other details.
- Subscribers: All new subscribers within the selected date range, including subscribe and created dates, billing and shipping details, related items price, discount types and amounts, product brand, most recent order, name and other contact info, purchased category, order details (amount, cancelled, most recent order) monetary and spend ranks, returns, customer type, among other details.
- Unsubscribes: All unsubscribe events within the selected date range, including created and modified dates; object, send and client IDs; subscriber key, event date and type, and list ID and type.
- Individual Sends: Client, object, send, and batch IDs, partner and subscriber keys, event date and type, among other details.