Monday.com helps you manage marketing campaigns, plan product launches, and keep track of tasks and company projects. Our Monday.com/Grow integration will help keep your team focused on what needs to be done and visualize how well you use your time to accomplish the things that matter most.
NOTE: Monday.com is only available as a warehoused data source. You will need to warehouse your tables before you can build a metric or dataset.
Contents in This Article
- How to Connect
- Data Warehouse
- API Documentation
How to Connect
Before connecting please collect your Monday.com API token (click here for instructions for where to find this).
- Click on the Data tab at the top left of the global navigation. You will be brought to your Data Connections.
- Click on the blue "Connect" button and search for Monday.com.
- Click on the Monday.com logo.
- Enter your Monday.com API Key.
- Press "Connect"
And that’s it. You are good to go!
Monday.com is on the Grow Data Warehouse, which we highly recommend you use. For more information about warehousing your data, visit the Data Warehouse Help Article.
You can choose which boards to pull into Grow by choosing the Workspace name and selecting the Board you want. You can name your warehoused table according to your needs. Each board will be warehoused as a separate table.
Note: Monday.com's API treats all Subitems on a particular board as a standalone board and thus will be displayed in the drop-down as "- Subitems of [board name]" underneath the parent board name.
These additional tables are available in Grow.
- Boards (Formatted) - id, owner id, board folder id, board kind, name, permissions, pos, etc.
- Board Columns - board id, column id, column title, column type, column position, etc.
- Board Group - board id, group id, group title, group color, group position, etc.
- Board Group Items - board id, group id, group item id
- Board Items - board id, item id, item name
- Board Subscribers - board id, subscriber id
- Board Tags - board id, tag id
- Board Updates - board id, update id
- Items (Formatted) - id, board id, creator name, creator email, group id, name, state, etc.
- Item Assets - item id, asset id, asset name, asset created at, asset public url, etc.
- Item Column Values - item id, column value id, column value text, column value title, etc.
- Item Subscribers - item id, subscriber id, subscriber name, subscriber email
- Item Update - item id, update id
- Teams (Formatted) - id, name, picture url
- Update (Formatted) - id, creator name, creator email, creator id, item id, text body, etc.
- Update Assets - update id, asset id, asset name, asset created at, asset url, etc.
- Update Replies - update id, reply id, reply creator id, reply creator name, reply body, etc.
- Users (Formatted) - id, account id, account name, email, location, mobile phone, name, etc.
- User Teams - user id, team id, name
How to Warehouse your Data
- Starting with the Connections Overview Page, navigate to your Monday.com connection and click on it to open the Connection Details page.
- Select the “Manage Connection” button inside the Connection Details section to open the warehouse table selection flow.
- If your data source isn't already connected, refer to the How to Connect section of this article for more details. If your data source is already connected, you can immediately select which tables of data you want to warehouse.
- Once you have finished selecting the data that you want stored in Grow’s Data Warehouse, click the “Sync & Store” button at the bottom of the Manage Connection page. This will begin the initial population of your warehouse with the tables you defined. Populating your data warehouse for the first time may take a while, even up to several hours.
- While your data is "In Queue" or "Processing", you may continue working within the app.
The default sync interval is 12 hours per table for all warehoused tables.
When incremental sync is available, the default incremental sync interval is 1 hour, while the default full sync interval is 1 week.
Incremental sync is not currently available for Monday.com warehoused tables.
To learn more about sync intervals and how to adjust the default settings, please visit this section of the Data Warehouse help article.
This is for reference only; you should not need to consult this to use the connection in Grow.
FAQs + Tips and Tricks
Where do I find my API Key/Token needed to log into Grow?
If you have administrative privileges in Monday.com, please follow these steps to generate a key:
- Log into your Monday.com account.
- Click on your avatar in the bottom left corner.
- Select Admin.
- Select "API" on the left side of the admin page.
- Scroll down to the "API V2 Token" section, and click "Generate".
- Copy this token.
If you are not an admin of your monday.com account, you can retrieve your API token via the developers section, following these steps:
- Go to your avatar menu
- Select "Developers"
- Open the Developer drop-down at the top of the page and select "My Access Tokens"
Not all column types are supported by Monday.com's API
Monday.com's API doesn't currently return data from columns with the following data types:
- Auto number
- Progress bar