Occasionally company settings prevent the access of third-party apps without explicitly allowing them. These settings are configurable in Google Workspace by a Google Administrator.
If you encounter the following message while connecting to any of your Google apps, please send this article to your Google Workspace Administrator and have them grant access to Grow.
Steps to grant access to Grow
- Navigate to your Google Workspace Admin dashboard.
- In the top search bar, search for "API Controls" and select the option nested under "Security."
- Click “MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS” on the right side of the page.
- Search for “Grow” on the page. If it is present, click the row to adjust the settings. If it’s not present in search results, go to Step 6.
- Under App Access, set the application to Trusted: Can access all Google services. Then click save. Repeat this for each Grow app found in search results. Go to step 10.
- If Grow is not present in search results, click "Configure new app > OAuth App Name or Client ID."
- Search for Grow, and click the result with the Grow logo.
- Select all OAuth Client IDs and click "Select."
- Set app access to “Trusted: Can access all Google services” and click configure.
And that's it! It might take up to 15 minutes for it to finalize the configuration, but Grow is now a trusted app in your Google account and you should be able to connect without running into that message again.