Welcome to the Grow Community!
Each one of us comes from different companies and industries, but we are all trying to grow our businesses and make data-driven decisions, so let’s help each other out!
How to Use the Forum
If you want to post, comment, or vote in the community, you must be signed into your Grow account. Your help center profile only includes data regarding your activity in the help center.
Before creating a new post, search the help center and forums first using a couple variations of the search terms. This will help keep the forum organized and make it easier for others to find and share solutions when there’s one main post to watch. If you find a post that is similar, it is better to add to that thread than to start a new one.
Here are some tips to creating an effective post:
- Try to keep each post to one question/topic. This helps get each of your questions answered and helps us track what is being discussed.
- Give as much detail as you can about your question. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to help.
- What are you trying to do?
- What have you tried so far?
- Can you provide any screenshots or screen recordings?
- What error messages (if any) do you see?
- Write a clear subject line. Try to make it specific to your question and include any data sources or parts of the Grow platform that you are dealing with. Avoid something like “Please help- I can’t get my data!”
Here is a brief description of each of the community topics:
- Integrations / API / Databases: Find answers about where to find specific endpoints from a data source or get advice on what metrics you should build from your data sources. Also, share when you have been able to successfully connect to an API via our Custom REST API or other means.
- Tips and Tricks: Ask for help getting a SQL query to work, or share ways that you have taken your metrics and dashboards up a notch.
- BI Strategy: Get ideas on what you should be tracking for your industry or role. Connect with others in the same position.
- Troubleshooting: Get the low-down on error messages or recent developments and status announcements.
- Product Announcements: Stay up-to-date with product releases and announcements on new features.
- Product Announcements: Give us your ideas on how to improve Grow, and vote on ideas from other Grow users. (This section is only available when you are signed into the help center.)
Rules, Guidelines, and Expectations
Be supportive of each other. Everyone comes to BI from different backgrounds and there are usually several solutions to the same problem. Let’s share our knowledge and learn from each other, and be kind when offering any fixes or criticisms.
Chances are, someone has already posted the same question as you. Try a couple searches for your answer before creating a new post. If we find duplicates we may lock the new post and direct users to join the existing conversation.
Opinions are welcome, but stay civil. We won’t allow any foul, inappropriate, or bigoted language.
No illegal or adult content. We’re here to discuss BI and data analysis—Let’s keep the discussion focused. Also be aware not to share any proprietary or confidential data.
You can promote your data analysis or BI consulting services, but remember that the overall goal of this forum is to help each other out and provide answers for future readers.
Respect yours, your company’s, and others’ privacy. Unless you have permission and the rights to post it, don’t post pictures that aren’t yours or actual numbers from data. Do not post yours or others’ contact information. If you have questions or want advice on setting up a metric or dashboard, try to obscure your data. We want to help solve problems while keeping your information safe.
Enforcing the Guidelines
We reserve the right to edit, move, block or delete any posts that do not conform to these guidelines, without warning. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently suspend or bar a user who violates these guidelines.
Post is closed for comments.